What's new

Finally - The Fall Guy! (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

I know what you mean. I will never understand why studios don't release season sets in more of a organized scheduled way. With the exception of a few titles, most releases for season sets are chaotic at best!

I'm really, really looking forward to season 2, and I wish it would be released already.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Mark,

It won't happen until the legal logjam is cleared for R1 releases of both series (6M$M & BW). Who knows....we put a man on the Moon in '69.....maybe we can settle a few of these TV/DVD legal issues :rolleyes

I'm still early into the 1st Fall Guy set. Great series....finally able to revisit it on DVD.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
I'm getting the uneasy feeling that The Fall Guy has gone the way of St. Elsewhere and a lot of other FOX shows - the first season is released and that's it.I sure hope that's not the case.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
It will be a crying shame if we do not get a chance to own some Markie Post seasons. The first season of the fall guy is great but it is the weakest one.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Hopefully Fox hasn't abandoned this great series, and I hope Season 2 will have none of the music replacements (not to mentioned the blurring out of the bar fight scene in the pilot) of the first season.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

Amen to that! Let hope the Markie Post curse doesn't continue from Night Court to The Fall Guy.
Maybe Gord or Dave could do some poking around at Fox for some answers?

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I don't even know the track record that Fox has for releasing tv shows on dvd.

Are they pretty good about releasing their properties until the series is finished?

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
This is only my first post here, but I have a question--

Why was it that FOX, in releasing this first season's worth of "The Fall Guy", did not indicate on the box that there were music replacements or any other edits?

I thought that, usually, if the releasing company did not indicate music replacements, that there wouldn't be any. However, FOX, in their so-called "infinite wisdom", not only replaced music (and sloppily edited the pilot to try to conceal that fact), but didn't indicate the replacements until unsuspecting purchasers (of which I was one) purchased copies of the set. I got, as my father said, a "pig-in-a-poke"-- that is to say, I didn't know what I was getting until it was too late. Advice-- don't purchase a television disc set if you don't know what you're getting. If possible, first test-drive it by renting from Netflix-- that way, you can see what it's like before you make a decision on whether to purchase it or not, and this can save you money on something that you don't want.

However, most of all-- if FOX needs to replace music, they should indicate it on the box rather than tricking unsuspecting purchasers into thinking that there aren't any replacements. (Did they do that with "WKRP"? I'd like to know.)

The good news is, it was at least, IMHO, entertaining enough to finish-- I wasn't going to get something that I couldn't finish.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Gord made a point of that in his review on TVShowsOnDVD.com that Fox didn't provide a music disclaimer. They did put a disclaimer for "WKRP", but it said, some of the original musical content has been edited for this DVD release, and there was more than some replaced.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Thank you very much for the response. That's what I needed to know. Hopefully, if FOX does release more of "The Fall Guy," and if they have to replace music (which, of course, I hope doesn't happen), they'll put a message to that effect on the box instead of leaving it hidden.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
Still no news on the release of season 2?The first season sold well,so I don't see what's taking FOX so long to release the second season.It's amazing that FOX would rather release a piece of junk like COPS instead of a great show,like the Fall Guy!

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Actually, 20th century Fox has a policy set up for their TV shows. They release their boxed sets every six months, this is confirmed through a question I posed to them regarding previous sets.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

To spin that for the positive, i am going to say then since they released S1 two ways full season and volumes that is equal to 1yr timeframe. So S2 should come out around June/July. Yeah okay whatever Fox *shake head time*

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
CHiPs - Season 2 comes out tuesday 1 year from the release of Season 1. That is great news the sad news is last year we had "The Fall Guy" to buy the same day as CHiPs S1. Shame on you Fox!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Judging from the Amazon sales rank(a good indicator of dvd sales) the Fall Guy sold pretty good in the first few weeks. Don't know why Fox abandoned it. As far as releasing Vol. 1, 2, and the complete first season.....well that was just stupid. If anything it probably just confused people.
If Shout picked it up, that would rock.

LCD22

Screenwriter

It would definitely rock. I would love to see what they could do for bonus materials for "The Fall Guy". Maybe a featurette on the real-life Hollywood stuntmen, in addition to audio commentaries with the cast and creator, interviews with the various Hollywood-type guest actors, etc.

And the important thing, they would make an effort to get the original music intact.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks