Finally, somone is "fixing" the Gameboy Advance!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave F, Nov 24, 2001.

1. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

May 15, 1999
    A user is creating a kit that will allow people to add a frontlight to the Gameboy Advance, vastly improving the picture quality. After the mod, the GBA will be playable even in low to no light conditions, with minimal battery drain.
    The kit will include:
    a). The frontlight assembly itself
    b). A ribbon-cable connector
    c). Two wires
    d). An on/off switch
    e). The tutorial
    Check out for details.
    I'm sure some people will take umbrage at the term "fixing", but IMO, the Gameboy is almost unviewable, and it is a matter of time before Nintendo releases an updated version with a light.
  2. AndyVX

AndyVX Supporting Actor

Aug 2, 2000
    This was the exact reason I got rid of my GBA after having it for only a few weeks. I found it nearly unplayable in every room in my house except for one.
    For whatever reason, the lighting in my house is fine for everything else (watching TV, reading, eating, etc, etc) but for playing the GBA it was terrible. I tried out a few of the wormlight attachments which made it worse most of the time (horrible reflections). So, I ended up selling it to a friend.
    I've heard rumours that Nintendo will be releasing a backlit version at some point down the road, so until then, no GBA for me [​IMG] Kinda sucks though, because I really enjoyed playing it.
  3. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Oct 16, 2000
    If they do release a backlit GBA, then they should add another feature or two besides that. I'm not sure I want to shell out another $100 for a bicklight, nor do I want to ruin my warrantee or my GBA.

The wormlight sucks. You need to get one of the screen cover/light combos, because those are the only ones that work good.

No backlight sucks, but the little thing is worth it.