Finally....some pics!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by SHAWN SZILEZY, Mar 23, 2002.

1. SHAWN SZILEZY

SHAWN SZILEZY Stunt Coordinator

All,
    Well here are some pics of my never ending work in progress. Newest additions include the SVS 20-39CS+'s, Samsom S1000, and the sculptured "Roxy" style panels.
    Now for a little background...
    About 2 years ago I moved into a 3-story townhouse and the 3rd floor turned into my HT getaway. The room measures 15'W X 24'L X 7'H and also has a full bath and closet. The closet houses all my DVD's, LD's, and Magazines. After having my full 7.1 setup in the second bedroom of a two bedroom apartment for almost 6 years, it is nice to finally have the room to let the system perform.
    Right now all the photos are of the front soundstage. I will be adding more pics as I get more. I currently do not own a digital camera so I rely on fellow member, Shawn Sefranek, for all my digital photo needs.
    Click on the house to access the pics. Any feedback or suggestions are welcomed and encouraged. [​IMG]

2. Tina_H_V

Tina_H_V Supporting Actor

Tina
    Hey Shawn!!!
    Nice set-up you have there! [​IMG] Say, about the racks...are those Salamanders by any chance? I only ask because I just had the good fortune to come upon one last month which I am going to use to house my A/V equipment with later on this year and I am very, very curious.
    I really do indeed enjoy the front-end set-up as you have it. And the red curtain background...pretty ingenuine. [​IMG]
    And the bathroom and full-sized closets...I sure bet that had its share of serendipidous advantages. [​IMG]
    When you do decide to add other pictures of the rest of the set-up, please let me know. I sure would to see more of your beautiful system!!!!!! And may it be as nice as what has been featured thus far!!! [​IMG]

3. Ron Boster

Ron Boster Screenwriter

Shawn:

Very nice set-up! I'm curious does the curtain have an acoustics purpose or to give it a theatrical feel? I like the idea!

Ron

4. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

Shawn,
    Very nice work. And I have to love the color scheme and the drapes, right?
    [​IMG]

5. Trevor Schell

Trevor Schell Supporting Actor

Nice and Clean Shawn!
    Good Job!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Jens Raethel

Jens Raethel Second Unit

Jens
    Wow!
    It looks great![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. gregstaten

gregstaten Supporting Actor

Looks great, Scott. I'd love to see a photo of what it looks like from your seat. With the drapery backdrop, it must look wonderful.

-greg

8. SHAWN SZILEZY

SHAWN SZILEZY Stunt Coordinator

All,

Thank you for the kind words. It is these type of remarks that make it all the sweeter in the end.

Tina,

They are indeed Salamander racks. I love them for their flexibility and strength. As for the full bath, it comes in handy when the beer is flowing on demo nights. I will definitely let you know when I get more pics.

Ron,

The curtain started out as just an aesthetic thing but it actually does add a bit of an acoustic value as well.

Dr. Fowkes,

Yes, you have to like the color scheme and drapery. I, like you, have a window directly behind the display, so hiding it was a must. I had thought of using black but instead found the red at a better price.

Trevor & Jens,

Thank for the kind remarks.

Greg,

The front on picture is pretty close to what it looks like from the sweetspot, but the next round of photos will include that angle. The curtain added so much to the overall look...I could not believe the difference.

9. Shawn Sefranek

Shawn Sefranek Second Unit

Nice update Shawn.

For all those reading this, I can vouch that his system sounds as great as it looks.

We both recently had our RPTV’s calibrated by HTF’s own Gregg Loewen. HUGE IMPROVEMENT.

I’ve heard the system MANY times as a few of us visit each other’s house every few weeks for “Demo Days” of new movies we get.

We rotate houses every couple of weeks and try and show off our latest equipment.

I told him as I was taking the photos that it looked like a “Fowkes jr.” system because of the rear curtain he recently added.

I guess I’ll have to head over there and take some more photos for you of the REAR of the room as requested by our fellow members.

I took some a little while ago, but he’s made some improvements recently and I guess they are a bit outdated.

Shawn S