What's new

Finally Some More John Wayne Movies Coming To Blu-Ray! (1 Viewer)

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
John Wayne is the Number #1 All Time Hollywood Movie Actor. Through 2010, only a very few of his movies have been released on Blu-Ray. John Wayne's regular DVDS are good sellers, and it has been very disappointing and suprising that only a very few of his movies have been released on Blu-Ray. Hopefully all that will change as the month of May 2011 will see the release of 4 John Wayne Movies on Blu-Ray.

The Horse Soldiers 1959 MGM

The Comancheros 1961 Fox

Rio Lobo 1970 Paramount

Big Jake 1971 Paramount

Thanks to MGM, Fox, and Paramount. Let us all hope the transfers are excellent. May 2011 is going to be great for John Wayne fans! Let us hope that the studios will now keep on releasing more John Wayne movies on Blu-Ray as soon as possible!

Warner Brothers thank you for releasing The Searchers, Rio Bravo, and The Green Berets on Blu-Ray! Please release MCQ 1974 and The Train Robbers on Blu-Ray in 2011!

God Bless!

Robert

Among others, including yours, I'd like to see:

The Sons of Katie Elder

Hatari!

Chisum

El Dorado

The War Wagon

In Harm's Way

While we're at it, Paramount, how about a 50th anniversary Elvis "Blue Hawaii" Blu-ray?!!

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Derek M Germano

On a less serious note, how about:

MCLINTOCK!
DONOVAN'S REEF
NORTH TO ALASKA

All three are excellent choices, but I really want They Were Expendable, Operation Pacific and Sands of Iwo Jima

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
"The Quite Man" never even got a decent DVD release, as many times as it was re-issued on DVD. I'm hoping they are saving for a fantastic Blu-ray - whoever it is that has this movie. Let's hope we don't see that same 40th Anniversary VHS/Laserdisc Artisan transfer from '92 released - yet again - on BD.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I find it interesting that the two Wayne films being released in Blu from Paramount are owned by CBS through it's Center Cinema Films. The last library S-DVD Paramount issued was Monte Walsh, which also was a Center Cinema Film. CBS seems to be pushing their titles on through while Paramount just sits on its owned titles. While I enjoy Big Jake and Rio Lobo and will purchase them, I wonder why these two get released with all the Wayne titles Paramount owns. I think that gives a us a lot more hope that Scrooge may get a Blu-ray release this coming holiday season.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
What about THE MAN FROM UTAH which opens with the Duke atop horseback, playing a guitar without moving his fingers and singing in someone else's voice? Come on, where's the BLU RAY already?!!!! Digibook!!!!

Scott Calvert

Supporting Actor
I hope the price for The Commancheros drops before release date. $31.99 at Amazon right now. That's way too high

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Scott Calvert

I hope the price for The Commancheros drops before release date. $31.99 at Amazon right now. That's way too high

It's a digibook release so I preordered it when it was 30% off MSRP because Amazon usually decreases the percentage off after initially listing such a title. I had a coupon to use which also decreased the eventual price even more for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks