What's new

Finally-SHADOW OF THE HAWK (1 Viewer)

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
A great surprise to see Columbia is releasing this MOD November 8th. Its a surprisingly atmospheric thriller that played quite a bit on HBO in the mid 70s. Columbia is really dusting their shelves-can Vincents BUSTER AND BILLIE and most importantly BABY BLUE MARINE be far off? I'm loving these Columbia discs-very well done. Hopefully HAWK will include its terrific trailer. Other Columbia no shows on video coming are HANNIBAL BROOKS and YOU MUST BE JOKING! -very cool. Is another Columbia release-OPEN SEASON-still in public domain?(it was released on vhs as RECON GAME. I know THE FARMER was ammounced by Code Red-another Columbia orphan.

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit
Originally Posted by Louis Letizia

A great surprise to see Columbia is releasing this MOD November 8th. Its a surprisingly atmospheric thriller that played quite a bit on HBO in the mid 70s.
Columbia is really dusting their shelves-can Vincents BUSTER AND BILLIE and most importantly BABY BLUE MARINE be far off?
I'm loving these Columbia discs-very well done. Hopefully HAWK will include its terrific trailer.
Other Columbia no shows on video coming are HANNIBAL BROOKS and YOU MUST BE JOKING! -very cool.
Is another Columbia release-OPEN SEASON-still in public domain?(it was released on vhs as RECON GAME. I know THE FARMER was ammounced by Code Red-another Columbia orphan.

Has HANNIBAL BROOKS been announced? I know YOU MUST BE JOKING! is coming in November.

Someone posted on another board that OPEN SEASON is owned by someone in Spain who has no interest in making a deal for a DVD release.

walter o

Supporting Actor
Isnt HANNIBAL BROOK a UA title, therefore MGM? As for BUSTER AND BILLIE, I seriously doubt it will ever come out.

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit
Originally Posted by walter o

Isnt HANNIBAL BROOK a UA title, therefore MGM? As for BUSTER AND BILLIE, I seriously doubt it will ever come out.

Yes, HANNIBAL BROOKS is a UA title and it's just been listed for pre-order at Screen Archives as part of the MGM MOD line.

What would keep BUSTER AND BILLIE from coming out?

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
Yes Walter- HANNIBAL BROOKS will be an MGM vault. Sorry - it blurred in with the rest .ScreenArchives has it listed for November. I like that both Columbia and MGM have stepped up their catalog output. As MODs and DVDs are beginning to look the same-trailers and extras are popping up more frequently on MODs and more importantly care has been taken in restoration. As one that will watch movies even on vhs still-it is -and this is only my preference-less important in which format I see films-be it DVD, VHS , MOD , Cable , Streamimg...it sometimes is cool just revisiting a movie from youth -even ones you've only read about. Streamimg is a great practice run to sample a movie you've never seen -a recent example for me was 1972's CHILD'S PLAY (never on video in u.s.). While I enjoyed it-it would not have been worth a purchase-for me-to own. BUSTER AND BILLIE is sure to make it to MOD....this has been Jan Michael Vincents year -DAMNATION ALLEY, VIGILANTE FORCE , WHITE LINE FEVER and now SHADOW OF THE HAWK all making it to DVD/MOD. Why do you think it won't make it Walter?

walter o

Supporting Actor
Cant really explain it in detail, but lets say currently not only there is rights issues preventing it, but element issues, but of course, never say never in this business.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
I'd sure like to see BABY BLUE MARINE released...great film....and, as for Jan Michael Vincent,... TRIBES,... that memorable ABC TV movie from 1970 with him as a Vietnam era hippie draftee and Darren McGavin as his DI...don't expect that's likely...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks