What's new

Finally: SCARFACE DVD - 10/2003 OFFICIAL? (1 Viewer)

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
Finally a real update from Universal:

Lots of bells and whistles for the Anniversary Edition coming out in October. It will be a big edition. No details yet.

Before, the Universal Reps would just state it would come out after their 1Q-2Q catalog titles were released. So it doesn't seem like anything is holding this back.

Everyday, at least two people ask about this title at the DVD place down the street.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Really? Where exactly did you hear about this? I hope that this news is true!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Chris,
Unless, we see something official like a press release then all it is a rumor to the rest of us.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Rumor or fact, I've been waiting for a special edition of Scarface and I hope it's not too far away.

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
Should be out soon. Since the Universal Rep learned of it Friday evening. It is all rumor until it comes out. I also mentioned when BTTF was coming out from the same source and I got the same replies... Just want to pass along this info that I heard directly. No worries I can sleep at night ;)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Also, I hope the original soundtrack is kept intact. Rumor was going around Jay-Z was going to create a new one.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Also, I hope the original soundtrack is kept intact. Rumor was going around Jay-Z was going to create a new one.
DePalma was approaced by Universal for that project and he flat-out refused. DePalma mentioned this in an interview with the New York Times that I linked to in the Movies Forum last year.

DJ

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
sigh, everytime a new Scarface thread pops up I always check to see if its for the Paul Muni 30s version, and I'm always disapointed its merely more complaining about the Pacino version being out of print or lacking a special edition. I'll give this film a rent (haven't seen it) if a SE does come out, but I think its too bad that more people aren't interested in one of the best gangster movies I've ever seen. :)

Adam

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Seeing as it's universal putting this out, maybe they'll do a 2 pack with both versions of Scarface in one set. They did this with Meet Joe Black, so it is possible.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
As long as they remaster the Pic and Sound...the extras were good on the original SE disc...I just want better presentation...

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
What about Carlito's Way. An SE, anamorphic print of that would be be more of treat than another Scarface edition.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
The last rumor had Scarface SE coming out before June 2003. This was according to someone who spoke with a studio rep. Oh well, I'm sure it's coming sooner or later.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I ordered the region 2 edition yesterday. I caught 10 minutes of it (in pan and scan) on TV and I suddenly realised how INSANE the film is - just the type I feel like experiencing at the moment in these crazy times. Only cost £8.99 ($14.58) - quite a bargain.

But how was the transfer created? The region 1 edition is 2.35:1 NON-anamorphic, yes? The R2 IS anamorphic though, yes? Are they from the same print and/or video-master?

I just gotta see this movie IMMEDIATELY. I'll buy a fully-remastered SE if Universal release one.

"Why don' you stick yo' head up yo' ass; see if it fits." :laugh:

Pacino's performance is just something else! :emoji_thumbsup:

Gordy

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
I surmise that the R2 disc is the non-anamorphic R1 transfer, "upconverted" to anamorphic (similar to the DTS R1 Predator disc). But that's just a guess; I don't think Columbia UK and Universal shared transfers...or did they?

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
There were rumors of a updated soundtrack with a hiphop score. What ever happened to those rumors?

I think a SE is on the way,wasnt the older version discontinued?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks