1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Finally repurchased lost digital camera - pics

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Neil Joseph, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    It has been painful living without a half decent digicam. Finally I picked one up today and took a couple of screen shots...

The Screen Images (click on thumbnail images for a larger view)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

All of the screen images were taken with a Kodak DX6490 at 4Mp setting, then after discovering they were way too large, I resized them to fit within a 1024x768 browser's screen.

2. Danny Beck

Danny Beck Stunt Coordinator

I'm always puzzled when people post screen shots of their setup. I just find it odd because we all know that each camera out there is going to process the image in different ways and in the end we really have very little knowledge of how your television actually looks in your home. In the end I just feel it's a waste of time.

Am I wrong?

3. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    You should have seen what I was using before to try to take pics [​IMG]

4. Danny Beck

Danny Beck Stunt Coordinator

As much I find the sceen pics things a little silly I still find them oddly compelling to browse on occasion. [​IMG]

Dan

5. David Parrish

David Parrish Stunt Coordinator

I'd like to see some pics of a DLP projector exhibiting the rainbow effect

6. Eric_Connelly

Eric_Connelly Second Unit

Actually the pics I took of my 60" Sony LCD look stunning, and the guy who posted pics of his ED Plasma were amazing.

I was using a Canon Digital Rebel and hand holding it, pretty true to life pics.

7. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    That's practically impossible.

The "rainbow effect" is a result of visually masking parts of the image so quickly that you see only one or two color periods of that particular image. I.e. during the period when the green part of the rotating filter is exposed that part of the image happens to be masked.

It may happen (on older sets, I must say) when you quickly move your eyes, and/or blink. It can be forced by waving your hands, fingers spread, before the image. It cannot be photographed, because short exposures would only show a "whole" red or green image, but not the effect as seen by some people (including me).

Cees