What's new

finally recieved my B&W 804s/dream system..... (1 Viewer)

rodneyH

Supporting Actor
Well, after a long wait (2.5 months) of waiting, I finally got my B&W N804s and HTM2 (upgraded from CDM7NT, CDMCNT). I was so patient, b/c my best friend works in the industry and I got them at BELOW dealer cost (no I can't get anymore, and I can't mention how much I got them for). I have been waiting for ever on these, then it figures, I am on vacation, an guess what, they come in almost the 1st day the of the ONLY vacation I take ALL summer (figures).

I also got the Rotel 1066 pre/pro a few weeks ago (love it).

So for the summer this is what I have upgraded from

Technics DVD-A10 (DVDa player)-silver
Sony 222es SACD player
Rotel amp RB-976 (3X150 bridged)(center and rears)
Marsh sound design a400s (2X200 amp)(mains)-silver
Rotel RLC-900 power conditioner
Parasound AVC-1800 pre/pro
B&W CDM7NT-black
B&W CDMCNT-black
B&W 601 (rears)
SVS CSi 25-31 (custom tuned to 22Hz, and custom tuned at Amp section to 20Hz)

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Technics DVD-A10-silver
Sony 222es SACD
Rotel RB-976 (3X150-USED only 2 channels for rears)
Marsh sound design a400s-mains (bi-wired)-silver
Nad 214 (2X80w) amp Bi-amped to center
RLC-900
Rotel RSP-1066 pre/pro-silver
B&W 804-natural cherry
B&W HTM2-natural cherry
B&W 601-black
SVS 25-31

so with the addition of new front speaks and center, new Rotel pre/pro I also dusted off the NAD 214 amp that I had under a bed and used it to bi-amp my new center channel (theoretically this should inprove the performance of my center channel, even before the speaker upgrade, WHILE also providing more power to the rears, since the rotel amp is only supplying 150W to 2 channels VS 3 channels (a minor thing, but I had the extra amp, so what the heck??)

cables are all either, Audioquest diamond back, MIT, or monster M1000i. Kimber Kable to center channel, and Monster Z2 bi-wire to mains (no flames from anti-monster fans out there).

well, the system sounds great, the pre-pro and speakers still need to break in, but I can already hear a difference. AM I going to say the 804s sound "night and day" difference from my CDMNTs (the typical HYPE words that are thrown around so loosly amoung audiophiles)-NO, but it is an upgrade (more on this another day, after break in), I actually believe the HTM2 over the CDMCNT was the bigger upgrade (more open and air, detail).

I will have to give my opinions when I allow more time for break-in and so I get more listening time in.

I actually feel like I am done upgrading or a while (since this whole system in less than 1.5 years old, and has gone through various changes through that time) (OK, maybe an AUDIOPHILE grade amp to replace the Rotel and 805s to replace the 601s would be nice, but won't happen for a long long time, at least the 805 part won't, the amp could come as soon as christmas, but I am not too worried about it).

Ned

Supporting Actor
Sounds like an O.K system :)
Where are the pics of your room though? TV has ruined my imagination so I need to see what it looks like.

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
Rodney:

Welcome to the Nautilus club! I hope you get many years of enjoyment from them. I've had my 804s almost two years (I also managed a tremendous discount) and couldn't be happier. It looks like you've put together quite an impressive system. Happy listening.

Mark

Haru

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know about the not night and day thing. I found the CDM series to be very good, but my dad's N803s are to die for. I rarely hear a speaker that I say I would be happy listening to for the rest of my life but the N803 is definitely one. The CDM was not.

Alan Kurland

Stunt Coordinator
I've been using the N804s for the past year, with my old 602s for rear. Congrats! You'll love the N804s for fronts, they sound fantastic. I found they do take some time to break in, but now they're real smooth. (I use N802s for my main 2 channel system upstairs)

rodneyH

Supporting Actor
Alan, everyday I listen I get more amazed, teh mids and highs are soooo smooth and the transition and blending for high to lows is awesome

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks