What's new

Finally pulled the trigger on Panny PT53WX53! (1 Viewer)

Joe Williams

Auditioning
Hello everyone!

I just got the PT53TW53 delivered today and have started playing around with it. I am a bit concerned becuase the image does not look very good right now. This is what I am seeing:

1) I have noticed the colors are off - specifically the oranges and reds. Playing with the color doesn't seem to help.
2) The second problem is that you see random dots appear if you look carefully, black dots on light backgrounds and white dots on dark backgrounds.
3)Another problem the screen looks like it is alive in some scenes with dot crawl, especially lightly colored backgrounds
4) Lastly, the picture is much grainier than I thought it would be, even with the my brand new Sony DVD in progressive mode with component outputs and monster cables. Are there things I can do to correct this? Also - What would be proper viewing distance from the 53" model?

If someone could let me know where to start - I am new to this and so far all I have done is the manual convergence and played around with the user settings (color, sharpness, etc)

Thanks in advance!

- joe

Joe Williams

Auditioning
Hello everyone!

I just got the PT53TW53 delivered today and have started playing around with it. I am a bit concerned becuase the image does not look very good right now. This is what I am seeing:

1) I have noticed the colors are off - specifically the oranges and reds. Playing with the color doesn't seem to help.
2) The second problem is that you see random dots appear if you look carefully, black dots on light backgrounds and white dots on dark backgrounds.
3)Another problem the screen looks like it is alive in some scenes with dot crawl, especially lightly colored backgrounds
4) Lastly, the picture is much grainier than I thought it would be, even with the my brand new Sony DVD in progressive mode with component outputs and monster cables. Are there things I can do to correct this? Also - What would be proper viewing distance from the 53" model?

If someone could let me know where to start - I am new to this and so far all I have done is the manual convergence and played around with the user settings (color, sharpness, etc)

Thanks in advance!

- joe

Andrew Beckmen

Stunt Coordinator
I have some questions. I was thinking of getting a 46" Sony KP-46WT10, but I am now thinking of going a bit bigger since I saw a Best Buy display with a chair possistioned about the same distance away from the TV as it would be in my living room (4-5 feet only, which I thought would be too big at the distance but I was wrong). I HATE Sony's 51WT10 cabinent structure, and I came across this Panny that I thought looked AWESOME (I love how the screen juts out of the cabinent, really enhancing the wide AR) and from what I have read it sounds pretty good as well.

1: Will this "lock" into FULL mode like the Sonys with HDTV material? Meaning that 4:3 HDTV stuff will be warped...

2: Black or Grey bars for windowboxing?

Andrew Beckmen

Stunt Coordinator
I have some questions. I was thinking of getting a 46" Sony KP-46WT10, but I am now thinking of going a bit bigger since I saw a Best Buy display with a chair possistioned about the same distance away from the TV as it would be in my living room (4-5 feet only, which I thought would be too big at the distance but I was wrong). I HATE Sony's 51WT10 cabinent structure, and I came across this Panny that I thought looked AWESOME (I love how the screen juts out of the cabinent, really enhancing the wide AR) and from what I have read it sounds pretty good as well.

1: Will this "lock" into FULL mode like the Sonys with HDTV material? Meaning that 4:3 HDTV stuff will be warped...

2: Black or Grey bars for windowboxing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks