What's new

Finally played Halo over a LAN (1 Viewer)

JustinT

Stunt Coordinator
All I can say is WOW! We played with 8 players over a LAN last night...simply amazing. Capture the Flag is much more fun with this many people. I didn't notice any slowdowns or lag at all. We will be playing with 12 players as soon as my friends buy more controllers (I am the only one with 4).

Anbody else had a chance to do this yet?

Eric Nees

Agent
Yes, Halo over a LAN is the way to go. It's hard to play with just four people again after that :). Too bad it's such a hassle to get enough Xboxes/TVs/People together.

JustinT

Stunt Coordinator
Peter,

I'm not using the Gamespy software, so I'm not sure if you can play co-op on two different systems. I just have it hooked up to the network, and we are only able to play multipler (no co-op).

Gary King

Second Unit
Nope.

As Bungie has mentioned in interviews, multisystem co-op was one of the features that had to get cut to meet the release date.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
For 8 players does this involve only 2 Xboxs & 2 TVs; 4 split screens on each? Or does each person have their own Xbox and is playing full screen on their own TV set?

Gary King

Second Unit
Max of 4 Xboxes with a max of 4 players per box, any configuration is possible.

For 8 players, the largest screen size you could get would be 4 boxes, 2 player split screen per box.

JustinT

Stunt Coordinator
Just played again with 12 people. Another one of my friends bought an Xbox, so we should be playing with 16 people as soon as we get enough controllers. This is too much fun!

Jeff Leigh

Agent
We maxed out at 14 players due to lack of more controllers. Only thing that would make it even better would be the ability to make more than two teams. 4 teams of 4 battling it out would be pretty damn cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks