Finally played Halo over a LAN

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JustinT, Jan 10, 2002.

1. JustinT

JustinT Stunt Coordinator

All I can say is WOW! We played with 8 players over a LAN last night...simply amazing. Capture the Flag is much more fun with this many people. I didn't notice any slowdowns or lag at all. We will be playing with 12 players as soon as my friends buy more controllers (I am the only one with 4).

Anbody else had a chance to do this yet?

2. Peter Loan

Peter Loan Second Unit

Are you able to play co-op on two different systems using the the gamespy hack?

3. Eric Nees

Eric Nees Agent

Yes, Halo over a LAN is the way to go. It's hard to play with just four people again after that [​IMG]. Too bad it's such a hassle to get enough Xboxes/TVs/People together.

4. JustinT

Peter,

I'm not using the Gamespy software, so I'm not sure if you can play co-op on two different systems. I just have it hooked up to the network, and we are only able to play multipler (no co-op).

5. Gary King

Gary King Second Unit

Nope.

As Bungie has mentioned in interviews, multisystem co-op was one of the features that had to get cut to meet the release date.

6. Scott L

Scott L Producer

For 8 players does this involve only 2 Xboxs & 2 TVs; 4 split screens on each? Or does each person have their own Xbox and is playing full screen on their own TV set?

7. Gary King

Gary King Second Unit

Max of 4 Xboxes with a max of 4 players per box, any configuration is possible.

For 8 players, the largest screen size you could get would be 4 boxes, 2 player split screen per box.

8. JustinT

Just played again with 12 people. Another one of my friends bought an Xbox, so we should be playing with 16 people as soon as we get enough controllers. This is too much fun!

9. Jeff Leigh

Jeff Leigh Agent

We maxed out at 14 players due to lack of more controllers. Only thing that would make it even better would be the ability to make more than two teams. 4 teams of 4 battling it out would be pretty damn cool!