What's new

Finally - my very own SVS! (1 Viewer)

Bo M

Auditioning
I don't chime in very often, but I wanted to share my joy with everyone over the SVS 20-39 PC Plus I recently ordered. Some background - I was using an Infinity Entra 150W sub with my Bostons; I used to think it was sooo awesome when you could occasionally sorta feel something in the 35 Hz range. Wow, I just didn't know what I was missing, did I? Even before I calibrated with the Radio Shack SPL meter and my Avia disk, the "Darla" scene from Nemo was pretty eye-opening (yes, I've been reading about your recommended demo scenes for a while). Post-calibration, I can't go any higher than 10db below reference in my little home theater room without the threat of foundation shift. I guess my post is two-fold; first to let anyone wavering on an SVS purchase know that you should pull the trigger, and second, that everyone's input on this site has been incredibly helpful in assisting a "noob" on researching and calibrating his sub. I think this purchase has made me feel one BIG step closer to having a Home Theater, and not just "a room where I keep my speakers".

FYI - that Sauron ring drop from Fellowship EE? Felt like I was on an amusement park ride. No kidding.

Thanks Erik - I placed my order the day before Thanksgiving and my sub arrived exactly one week later. That's pretty cool.

Anybody wanna buy an Infinity sub?:)

ChrisBee

Stunt Coordinator
Okay Bo. Now listen to me! This is very important! It may still not be too late.

Stand in front of a mirror and ask yourself completely honestly:

"Do I have the permanent SVS grin?" :b

Well....I'm afraid it's completely incurable.:thumbsdown:
Heaven knows they've tried. You have the SVS bug.
And now you are known carrier. :frowning:

Where will it all end?

ChrisBee :D

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
Bo,

Congrats! :emoji_thumbsup: You are now a bonafide SVS bassaholic. :D Enjoy!!... :)

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

stephanX

Stunt Coordinator
someday i have to hear one of these things! Ive heard nothing but praise from VERY respectable scources. Can it really beat a DIY tumult though? for the same preice pretty much you can get a tumult getting a pair amount of power.

al lout

Stunt Coordinator
Tumult driver is a 15" and it builds like a tank... with a well design cabinet and enough power... I have no doubt that it will out gun these lower end SVS...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bignatt
Recent bookmarks