Finally - my very own SVS!

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Bo M, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Bo M

Bo M Auditioning

I don't chime in very often, but I wanted to share my joy with everyone over the SVS 20-39 PC Plus I recently ordered. Some background - I was using an Infinity Entra 150W sub with my Bostons; I used to think it was sooo awesome when you could occasionally sorta feel something in the 35 Hz range. Wow, I just didn't know what I was missing, did I? Even before I calibrated with the Radio Shack SPL meter and my Avia disk, the "Darla" scene from Nemo was pretty eye-opening (yes, I've been reading about your recommended demo scenes for a while). Post-calibration, I can't go any higher than 10db below reference in my little home theater room without the threat of foundation shift. I guess my post is two-fold; first to let anyone wavering on an SVS purchase know that you should pull the trigger, and second, that everyone's input on this site has been incredibly helpful in assisting a "noob" on researching and calibrating his sub. I think this purchase has made me feel one BIG step closer to having a Home Theater, and not just "a room where I keep my speakers".

FYI - that Sauron ring drop from Fellowship EE? Felt like I was on an amusement park ride. No kidding.

Thanks Erik - I placed my order the day before Thanksgiving and my sub arrived exactly one week later. That's pretty cool.

Anybody wanna buy an Infinity sub?[​IMG]

2. ChrisBee

ChrisBee Stunt Coordinator

Okay Bo. Now listen to me! This is very important! It may still not be too late.

Stand in front of a mirror and ask yourself completely honestly:

"Do I have the permanent SVS grin?" :b

Well....I'm afraid it's completely incurable.[​IMG]
    Heaven knows they've tried. You have the SVS bug.
    And now you are known carrier. [​IMG]

Where will it all end?

ChrisBee [​IMG]

3. frank manrique

frank manrique Supporting Actor

Bo,

Congrats! [​IMG] You are now a bonafide SVS bassaholic. [​IMG] Enjoy!!... [​IMG]

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

4. stephanX

stephanX Stunt Coordinator

someday i have to hear one of these things! Ive heard nothing but praise from VERY respectable scources. Can it really beat a DIY tumult though? for the same preice pretty much you can get a tumult getting a pair amount of power.

5. al lout

al lout Stunt Coordinator

Tumult driver is a 15" and it builds like a tank... with a well design cabinet and enough power... I have no doubt that it will out gun these lower end SVS...