What's new

Finally my new home theater gear!!! (1 Viewer)

Jay_A

Grip
After months of surfing in the internet and bugging almost all A/V stores in our area I finally bought my new home theater equiptment. For the front KEF Q3, center KEF Q9c, for the surround KEF cresta 20c and for power Rotel RSX 1055. I paid hard earned US$1700 for it ;) I just hope I can connect it properly :D
Now Im choosing the subs between velodyne cht 12 or jbl pb12 hope you can give me more insights on this speakers :)

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Great choices. We sell kef's at soundtrack. I havnt heard them on a rotel yet though. I bet they sound pretty good. On the sub I would recommend looking at SVS. I PB1-ISD would match that system well in a not too large room.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
FORGET that particular JBL sub, too many amp problems. I will second SVS, and throw in the HSU and Adire as manufacturers to consider as well.

Jay_A

Grip
Thank you jesse and john for your reply. Finally I have connected all the wires and speakers this morning. It sounds a lot better than the stock speakers on my tv!!! :) I'm hearing things I have never heard on my set.
I'm looking for the svs, hsu and adire subs here in my area but I cant find any store that carries them. I only found Infinity, B&W, Energy, JBL, Velodyne, US Audio. The first three are kinda expensive and way out of my budget. The velodyne they are giving me a good terms for their CHT 15. What do you think?

Bob*S

Stunt Coordinator
Jesse-

I am considering a system of Q1 fronts, Q9c center and Q2ds for the rears(I don't have much space behind my listening area so think using a diffuse speaker may help here) for 50/50 music/HT. I just had the most frustrating experience trying to audition this set-up this past Saturday after driving nearly 200 miles, so I am hoping you can answer some questions.

The dealer was never able to get the Q2ds to work. Have you heard these speakers and how do they sound with multi-channel music?

I'm frustrated that KEF has chosen to not bring the Q4s to the US. I suspect that these might be the speakers I really would like - the the Q5s are more than I am willing to pay and I can't bring myself to spend the extra money on the Q3s since they seem to buy little over the Q1s (a slightly lower bass and the saved cost of speaker stands).

Thanks for any info you might have.

Bob

Chester II

Stunt Coordinator
Jay Dude,

I have the Rotel 1055 as well. I also have the HSU vtf-2. Get it dude....it's excellent....

Dude,

Chester II

Jamie Peters

Agent
I am also new to this game and I am in the process of setting up my new system. I purchased the HSU STF-2 and could not be happier. I bought mine at their online website and it was delivered in 4 days! That sub is awesome. I listened locally to the CHT-12 and to be honest with you, I think the HSU sounds better.....

Jay_A

Grip
Thank you guys for your response its really helpful :)
I just tested a lot of subs today( mission, jbl, psb, nht, atlantic, mk, b&w, velodyne) I really like the sound of B&W asw 675 really tight and accurate but its way out of my budget. I looked for hsu, svs and adire but nobody is carrying them in my area.
I bought the velo cht 15 its not that tight for audio but for movies it really rocks literally and figuratively I thought the whole store would cave in :) Anyways cant get sleep till they delivered it Iam very excited to try it out on my system :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks