What's new

FINALLY..Money Pit Announced..DTS (1 Viewer)

John Simon

Second Unit
Gavin,

After looking at some other sites, I see there are others that list it as coming out today. However, even those sites have some oddities. Specifically, BestBuy.com lists it out today, but says it is out of stock and won't be shipping for approximately 10-14 days (which I find hard to believe for a new release without THAT much consumder demand).

Gavin_L

Second Unit
would be interesting to hear if anybody had any luck buying it today at any stores.... think i'm gonna go to tower records in a few and see what i can find.
thanks john for the info :)

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I bought it today at Best Buy-three different Best Buys all had it out, about 6-8 copies per. But you're right, the website lists it as On Order. Paid 14.99. And there is a DTS track listed on the cover-I'll make sure it exists on the disc when I play it at home later.

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Grrr future shop lists it as out today but on back order as well. But they don't list anamorphic or DTS! Maybe there was a problem and too few were printed?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I've had it on order from Amazon since my last post in this thread, and they have a delivery estimate of February 14 - February 18.

Gavin_L

Second Unit
my adventure out today was successful, found it for $14.99 at tower records it was with about 8 or 10 other copies :)

Gavin_L

Second Unit
on the back of the money pit dvd, it lists it as having a 5.1 dts track and also being in 1.85.1 Anamorphic widescreen, still haven't watched the dvd yet, but thats what it says...

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I got to Best Buy here in Tulsa about 25 minutes after they opened. They had 4 copies left. I picked one up and one for my parents.

I watched it this evening. I'm no expert, but I found the transfer very clean and the colors and blacks were in very reasonable shape for a 17 year-old movie. The 5.1 DD track was very focused on the front soundstage with very little activity in the rears (my ears perked up during the storm and when the 18 wheeler shows up). I don't have DTS but the option is definitely there in the languages menu. I found it amusing that the Director, Richard Benjamin, narrated the theatrical trailer. The making of is about 7:30 minutes, quite fluffy, but it has it's charms.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Hey,
I got my copy from a Canadian online retailer yesterday. And here's the weird part: The disc features a French language track, but the cover is not bilingual! :emoji_thumbsup:
Actually, the cover doesn't even have a Canadian ratings logo! Did the retailer get the US edition by accident, or are all Canadian editions of the DVD like this?
I also have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the transfer, especially after seeing many of the lackluster transfers that studios like Buena Vista are putting out in their budget range these days.
Chris

BradG

Stunt Coordinator
Personally,

I have found that with a lot of these older titles, here in Canada the covers are NOT bilingual. It seems the bilingual issue is more of a concern on new releases.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
$9.35 at DeepdiscountDVD with free shipping seemed too good to pass up, even if I have to wait a few more weeks for it. I have plenty of unwatched movies to occupy myself with in the meantime.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks