What's new

Finally! Miramax and HK Films (Shaolin Soccer) (1 Viewer)

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
The upcoming release of Shaolin Soccer will have the atrocious English language dub and cut but it will also have the full 111 minute Chinese language release! Thank You Miramax. This is all we want. I could care less if they release cut and dubbed releases to the theater to make more money as long as they release the originals on DVD. Maybe this will be a turning point for them. It also will only MSRP for $19.99.

--Ian

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
The upcoming release of Shaolin Soccer will have the atrocious English language dub and cut but it will also have the full 111 minute Chinese language release! Thank You Miramax. This is all we want. I could care less if they release cut and dubbed releases to the theater to make more money as long as they release the originals on DVD. Maybe this will be a turning point for them. It also will only MSRP for $19.99.

--Ian

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator
I have this on Region 0 DVD, but to prove to Miramax that this stuff has a market (and perhaps to get a better subtitling job - and not have to hit enter to see the extended shots), I'll pick it up.

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator
I have this on Region 0 DVD, but to prove to Miramax that this stuff has a market (and perhaps to get a better subtitling job - and not have to hit enter to see the extended shots), I'll pick it up.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
This is great news. I have a question, though: On the Region 0 DVD, it has both 102-minute cuts and 111-minute cuts. Is the 102-minute cut the original Asian theatrical release version? And is the 111-minute version an actual "director's cut" or is it just an "extended version?"

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
This is great news. I have a question, though: On the Region 0 DVD, it has both 102-minute cuts and 111-minute cuts. Is the 102-minute cut the original Asian theatrical release version? And is the 111-minute version an actual "director's cut" or is it just an "extended version?"

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Double-double your refreshment; double-double your own posts... :rolleyes

Jim Barg

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Barg
Great. I dug the movie when a friend let me borrow the Region 0 DVD, but it'll be nice to see it with a decent subtitle translation...

Jim Barg

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Barg
Great. I dug the movie when a friend let me borrow the Region 0 DVD, but it'll be nice to see it with a decent subtitle translation...

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
The difference in running times of the original movie is due to it having extras scenes added after it was released in Hong Kong after a couple of weeks.

Miramax really shot themselves in the foot the way the handled the theatrical release. I will pick up the DVD since it will have the original movie on it.

They should adopt this way of releasing all their Asian films.

Matt

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
The difference in running times of the original movie is due to it having extras scenes added after it was released in Hong Kong after a couple of weeks.

Miramax really shot themselves in the foot the way the handled the theatrical release. I will pick up the DVD since it will have the original movie on it.

They should adopt this way of releasing all their Asian films.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks