1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Finally made the upgrade... Yamaha RX-V2300

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Neil Joseph, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    from my old Sony STR-DE925 DD/dts receiver to the new Yamaha RX-V2300 DD-EX/dts-ES 6.1 receiver. I am mainly happy about the high current amplification and can't wait to demo it.

I understand that this model might have a different model# in the US, is this the case and who else has demo'd this or has it as part of their HT's?

2. Lee M T

Lee M T Second Unit

Congradualtions on the purchase! I am now a proud Yamaha owner myself. Although, I just own the RX-V640.

The model number you speak of is the same as in the US.

Happy Lisening,
    Lee

3. Edwin_C

Edwin_C Stunt Coordinator

You should've waited. Yamaha is coming out with the RX-V2400 soon, which will come with THX Select.

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I did wait [​IMG] I would have bought 2 years ago if I had jumped on the bandwagon right away. Thing with this hobby is one can only wait so long before taking the plunge.

5. GregK

GregK Screenwriter

Roughly six months ago I moved up from my Yamaha RXV-995 (purchased in 1999) to the Yamaha RXV-2300 and haven't regretted it a bit. Yamaha tweaked on so many of their options it is nice to see the progress. The on-screen setup pages often have their own branches of set-up pages. Nice... Even though it was only a minor jump for me of ten watts (100 watts per channel to 110) .. the on-board amplification sounds better. Of course adding DPL-II, Neo6 and DD EX & DTS Discrete are not to be underestimated. Previously I was using an old DPL receiver klugged on to my RXV-995 for "home brewed" EX decoding, and the EX decoding is sooo much cleaner now.

I too have read about the upcoming line of Yamaha receivers. It would be nice to have on-board 6 channel EQ, but for me (IMHO of course) THX Select is not a big issue at all. I'm sure in another year Yamaha will once again have new receivers with firewire for DVD-A or SACD, and whatever other "bling bling" item is the rage of the time.

6. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

I think you've got yourself a great receiver with the 2300. I am putting together a system for a friend and the 2300 is the receiver I have tentatively picked for him too. Yes, I know the 2400 will be released soon but spec wise, I found no real advantages to waiting since the 2300 is at a very good close out price right now.
    I personally am still using a Yam RXV-1 and just love it.

7. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer