1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Finally made my choice and got the Hitachi 57TWX20B

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Trevor H, Dec 9, 2002.

1. Trevor H

Trevor H Second Unit

I picked it up on Saturday and I must say that this is one great TV, my DVD player is in the shop getting fixed right now so I have been using my PS2 for watching DVD's the picture is actually really good but I will be getting a Panasonic RP82 next week and give my current player to my parents when I get the PR82.
    Should I be using S-video inputs or regular (RCA) inputs with my Laserdisc player and DSS receivers?
    I calibrated the set with AVIA and it has about a 25% RED PUSH, can anyone tell me how to correct this? I would like to learn some basic ISF calibration techniques until I get it profesionally ISF in a few months.

2. MichaelFusick

MichaelFusick Second Unit

There is a long thread running over at AVS with the info and there was also a thread running here not too long ago.

3. MichaelFusick

MichaelFusick Second Unit

I did the changes to a 51" SWX and it made greens go yellow....kinda lime green.

It did cure the Red Push...

Anyone notice an effect on thier Greens?

4. Trevor H

Trevor H Second Unit

Thanks guys, I will have to do some reading when I get home from work and then see if I am brave enough to do some tweeking myself [​IMG]