What's new

Finally...'King Kong' on 01/20/09 (1 Viewer)

Carter of Mars

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Carter
Could the title of this thread be updated to show that this is the 2005 version and not the 1933 (or 1976) versions?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Only mods can change thread titles, there's a list of them at the bottom of the forum page, send one or more of em a PM and they will fix it if it bothers ya that much!

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor

John,

Pardon the clarifying exclusion.

Assuming that MODS are usually monitoring...please consider this a request by me, the OP, that you include the date, 2005, in the thread title.

Thanks

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
All the features are only on the extended version.
Features being an art gallery a commentary and the dread u-control.

"Picture in Picture"
With just one click, access interactive cast and crew interviews and behind thwe scenes footage.
bleh.
oh well.

I can't comment on dnr because i can't tell what it looks like anyway.

In spite of the way the features are on or not on i'm thrilled to have the long and longer version on one blu-ray.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
THE SPECTACULAR ACTION EPIC NOMINATED FOR
FOUR ACADEMY AWARDS® FROM OSCAR®-WINNING
DIRECTOR PETER JACKSON (LORD OF THE RINGS TRILOGY)

KING KONG

JANUARY 20, 2009
ON BLU-RAY™ HI-DEF
FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT

OVERVIEW: Packed with heart-pounding action and breathtaking visual effects, King Kong is finally available on Blu-Ray™ Hi-Def from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. Three-time Academy Award® winner Peter Jackson, director of the landmark Lord of the Rings trilogy, sets a new standard for unforgettable suspense filled with nail-biting danger, high emotion and amazing creatures beyond imagination including the legendary beast as never before seen. King Kong features a stellar cast including Oscar® nominee Naomi Watts (21 Grams), Jack Black (School of Rock), Oscar® winner Adrien Brody (The Pianist), Colin Hanks (Orange County), and Andy Serkis (the Lord of the Rings trilogy). Director and producer Jackson co-wrote the update on the classic 1933 film with his longtime collaborators and fellow 2007 Oscar® winners Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens. Containing both the original theatrical version and the extended version with 13 minutes of additional footage! A must-see and must-have action adventure epic for movie lovers of all ages, King Kong marks a quantum leap in thrilling home entertainment.

SYNOPSIS: King Kong is the story of a desperate young actress, Ann Darrow (Naomi Watts), and an ambitious and unscrupulous movie producer, Carl Denham (Jack Black), who travel to a mysterious jungle island. There they discover an extraordinary lost world, and encounter Kong, a gigantic, savage gorilla who is unexpectedly smitten with the leading lady. But it is their mutual empathy and affection that eventually lead to the beast’s tragic downfall.

BONUS FEATURES:
· FEATURE COMMENTARY: With director/writer Peter Jackson and co-writer/co-producer Philippa Boyens (extended version only).
· BD-LIVE: Access the BD-Live Center through your Internet-connected player to get even more content, watch the latest trailers, and more!
o MY SCENES: Pick your favorite scenes from the film to create your own video montage.
· U-CONTROL: With Universal’s exclusive U-Control feature, one click of a button lets you watch Picture In Picture behind-the-scenes footage, cast and crew interviews, and more without ever leaving the film!
o ART GALLERIES: Explore the fascinating production of this unforgettable film through conceptual artist renderings (extended version only).

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:
Street Date: January 20, 2009
Copyright: 2008 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved
Selection Number: 61107690
Price: $39.98 SRP
Running Time: 3 Hour 08 Minutes; 3 Hours 20 Minutes
Layers: BD-50
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 2.35:1
Rating: PG-13 for frightening adventure violence and some disturbing images
Languages/Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish and French subtitles
Sound: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, Spanish and French DTS Surround 5.1
CAST & FILMMAKERS:
Director: Peter Jackson
Written By: Fran Walsh & Philippa Boyens & Peter Jackson
Based on a Story by: Merian C. Cooper, Edgar Wallace
Produced By: Jan Blenkin, Carolynne Cunningham, Fran Walsh, Peter Jackson
Co-Producer: Philippa Boyens
Director of Photography: Andrew Lesnie, ACS, ASC
Production Designer: Grant Major
Film Editors: Jamie Selkirk, ACE with Jabez Olssen
Costume Designer: Terry Ryan
Music By: James Newton Howard
Cast: Naomi Watts, Jack Black, Adrien Brody, Thomas Kretschmann, Colin Hanks, Andy Serkis, Evan Parke, Jamie Bell

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Very nice! I'll be picking this up come Tuesday. I really enjoyed it and to finally get to see the EE in HD, fantastic.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
Finally! I hated switching discs to watch the extended cut in SD.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Phew! I was wondering whether or not to buy the $40 HD-DVD add-on to my XBOX 360 (which included a copy of King Kong HD-DVD) but I guess I can just buy this ;)

Of course, if I went ahead and bought the add-on that would mean my HD-DVD player and Blu-Ray players were both gaming machines :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks