What's new

Finally impressed the wife..... (1 Viewer)

Derek S

Stunt Coordinator
I must have gotten lucky, My wife actually wants a big screen, knowing this I used to it to my adavntage....and bought a pair of Paradigm studio 100's....I knew she wanted the TV, so getting the speakers for my future home theater would be crucial. I think I have her talked into a 65" mits. What a christmas this could be.

oh, by the way, My best friends wedding is always in the player if i am not at home....the wife and daughter love julia....

Derek

Tom Oh

Second Unit
My wife loves wide screen TV and understands the benifits of DVD presentation. What she cannot understand is why I buy so many DVDs that either don't get watched or viewed once or twice at most. She does have a point, but I just love collecting them.

Juan C Toro

Stunt Coordinator
Todd:
Very deceiving title for your thread... When I read it, I felt sorry for you... But then I read your note, and everything became clear...
:D

Tim Fleming

Stunt Coordinator
I think it is great that your wife is showing an interest in your HT set-up, but I just could not stop myself from responding to some of the follow-ups.
I am surprised that so many what I would have thought to be intelligent people can be so patronising when it comes to women and DVDs. Why is it always assumed that women will love Sleepless in Seattle or Titanic? My wife would opt for The Ring, Lost Highway, Blue Velvet, Starship Troopers etc any day of the week over those two particular choices and I am sure that she is not alone when it comes to women and their film preferences.
I can understand that a lot of wives might get upset over the investment some of us make in our HT systems when possibly the money could, in their opinion, be better spent elsewhere...but I am sorry, this talk of chick flicks etc really leaves me cold. Correct me if I am wrong, but this is the 21st century is it not?
Why not use the same DVD you would use to impress your mates to impress your mate? After all, a rather lifeless light romance is hardly going to convince anyone that the investment in a major audio visual system was worth the money...is it?
There... I feel much better now ;)
regards, Tim...

Brent Hutto

Supporting Actor
Tim,

I mentioned Sense and Sensibility because both my wife and I enjoyed it. There's some movies I like that she can't watch at all (Chinatown, Rear Window) and a few that she likes but I don't think are anything special (Elizabeth, Cast Away) but fortunately the majority of DVD's we've seen we agree on. One of my female friends also mentioned Sense and Sensibility immediately when we got our DVD player as being one of the movies she would most want to see on DVD.

Interestingly, while both of us enjoyed The Matrix, my wife it the one who wants to watch it repeatedly whereas for me once was quite enough. It's interesting because in general she has little stomach for violent movies yet The Matrix doesn't bother her because it's "fake". My point being that easy generalizations about gender preferences aren't really all that general.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
My wife loves T2, Starship Troopers, and right now is excited over The Outer Limits. She digs Sopranos, too.

She rocks! I love her.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I just got a new receiver and player so once I get new speakers and get them all hooked up, I'll be able to impress my parents. :)

Patrick_J

Agent
My wife & I have a favorite movie, just like a lot of couples have "their" song. Luckily our movie is True Romance. Can't wait for the new version!

"You're so Cool"

-pjc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks