Finally!! I'm getting a new Toshiba 42H82 this week!!!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Brian Harnish, Jun 29, 2003.

1. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

Well, it's finally happening!! Through a deal I'm making w/a relative, I'm going to be able to finally pull the trigger on a brand new Toshiba 42H82 this week! I'm expecting to make the purchase on Thursday. Before anyone replies, I wanted to mention that I've contemplated waiting to get the newer H83 models that are coming out but this deal is too good to pass up.

I'm SO EXCITED! At last I'll get to experience my DVDs in all their High Definition glory. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Steven Sims

Steven Sims Stunt Coordinator

Just wondering what kind of deal you are getting? The 42h83 is actually already out, in fact, BB has it for $1224.99. I'm sure you can find it cheaper online.

3. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

Wow I am surprised Best Buy is selling it cheaper than OneCall.....

4. Brian Harnish

Well, then I guess my deal isn't so great after all! Looks like I'll be pulling the trigger on the H83 instead since it's only a couple hundred more than the H82 deal. The price difference doesn't make that much economic sense for me to go for the previous year's model.

Now I'm even more excited! Yeee-haaaa, baby! DVDs in high definition glory here I come! And I already have a progressive scan player (Toshiba SD4700) so I'll be all set to go come delivery day (I'm not sure when it's going to be yet). Of course, I'll post a full review here after I spend a full 24 hours with my new set. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

Even on Best Buy's site the new 42h83 is cheaper than the 42h82...anyone know why..you would think the opposite...

6. BrianJ>Y

BrianJ>Y Stunt Coordinator

Maybe I've only witnessed horribly set up tv's, but all of the HD rptv's I've seen playing dvds are just plain ugly. Native resolution of an hdtv is 1080 lines, so isn't playing a dvd on an hdtv like playing VHS on a nonhd tv? It sure looks like it...

7. Brian Harnish

Well, I've finally done it!!

I went to Best Buy today, pulled the trigger on my Toshiba 42H83, and it's set for delivery on Friday! Wheeee!!!

Oh, boy!! Now I get to watch all of my 215 DVDs again...this time in big, widescreen RPTV glory. [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I am so excited!! [​IMG]

8. Jeremy Scott

Jeremy Scott Second Unit

may i ask how much you paid for your 42h83 at bestbuy?
    i went there today and it was $1499

9. Brian Harnish

Jeremy- They had an excellent deal on the 42H83 when I got it -- it was only $1224.99 plus tax and I also got 18 months no interest financing.

10. Jeremy Scott

Jeremy Scott Second Unit

wow, good job.

like i said, i went today and it was $1499

who knows the nest time it wil go on sale for. he said somethign about the 18 month financing thing to me too, but since i will be paying cash for this, that wont help any.
    do you think $1499 is still a good deal for this tv?

they have a 30 day after price match thing also. did you buy any monster cables for it as well?
    did you have it delivered?
    how about the 4 year warranty for $299 ??

any problems you are havnign with it?

11. Pete Walker

Pete Walker Agent

I'm also looking for TV's in this range. I first looked at the Pioneer Elites, but decided it was outside the budget. I am showing bestbuy to list it for $1328, which is $100 more than you got it for. Would you mind scanning and posting that receipt? Or at least PM'ing it to me? This seems like a great TV for the money, and I would love to save as much money as possible.