FINALLY, I have dolby in my house!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Vince Maskeeper, Nov 6, 2002.

1. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

No, not the audio format (I've had that for years), the kitten:
    [​IMG]
    Announcing the arrival of the newest addition to my home, and home theater- my new kitten whom we've dubbed DOLBY.
    This kitten was rescued a few weeks ago from a graveyard in the middle of nowhere (right around Halloween, oooooh scary) by my girlfriend. He was seriously malnourished and had been infested with ear mites when she found him-- but with a few trips to the Vet, some antibiotic therapy and some old fashioned rest, food and TLC- he seems to be doing great.
    He's even been allowed to interact with the other two cats currently ruling the house: DISCO and DEVO. I'm hoping that the playful wrestling from the Kitten will provide some needed excercise for DEVO, who is weighing in at a trim 28 pounds! For entertainment purposes, here is a pic of Devo (the large black animal) along side the significantly smaller kitten Dolby...
    [​IMG]
    -Vince

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I guess a cat named "DTS" just wouldn't sound right...

3. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

4. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis
    Maybe Steven Spielkazt?

Hey Dolby looks like a very young Fluffy Pumpkin.

5. matt bee

matt bee Stunt Coordinator

Good grief! Do Devo's legs even reach the ground? He's huuuge!

edit: oops! Thinking one thing, typing another.

6. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

I didn't think people are allowed to keep panthers as pets! That cats enormous!

7. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis
    No no it's Devo that's the fat cat around his house.

8. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

As Dennis correctly stated, the large behemoth of a feline is the one and only Devo (the smaller yellow ball is the new kitten, Dolby). It's too bad that I'm not a better photographer, as I'm sure Devo could yield a fan club and his own calendar if given the opportunity. Everyone who ever comes to my house falls for him (a band I worked with keeps threatening to put him on an album cover), a family friend recently asked us to bring him over for their toddler's 2nd birthday (the kid is obsessed with the cat)-- he's incredibly friendly and has more personality that many of the people I know....
    He is, according to a vet visit last week, right at 28 pounds.
    It's funny that Mike mentioned Panthers, as due to Devo's size (I assume that's why) he moves around in a much more TIGER like way. At a recent trip to the circus, I noted how Devo's mannerisms are much more "big cat" like-- he likes to sit with his paws extended and crossed in front of him, he sleeps on his side or on his back, etc. all his mannerisms remind me more of a tiger than a house cat.
    Due to his size, he also never just lays down- he flops. It's hilarious as he'll wander around looking for a good spot, and just sort of fall over.
    He is, however now on a diet (with the 3 cats in the house each needing different food, the whole "leave out a dish" no longer works- so specific feeding times are now the norm).
    [​IMG]
    -V

9. Dennis Reno

Dennis Reno Supporting Actor

I think you should consider changing Devo's name to Humungo or maybe Lard Ass [​IMG] In that last picture I believe Dolby may be in immediate danger of being consumed by Devo!

10. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis
    Taking photos of cats is always a hassle. They don't exactly like to pose. And trying to take photos of black cats is especially challenging. I went nuts trying to get a decent photo of my first cat, Larry, who really did look like a slinky black panther.

11. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

28 pounds? That's about 3 cats' weight! I have 2 that are right at 14 pounds each, and they are pretty much overweight.

12. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast

Clint
    The biggest I ever had was appropriately named Tiger and weighed in at almost 19 lbs. Laid flat, his paws were 2" wide!!! Devo is beautiful and Dolby is a cute little one.

13. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

I wike vewy vewy much. Gorgeous little furball, and your girlfriend deserves a big collective hug from your compadres at HTF. [​IMG]

14. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

Dolby .... oh my! I guess the cats happy your favourite hobby isn't cars .... Say hello to my new cat HONDA or worse KIA.

Brent

15. Mark C Sherman

Mark C Sherman Second Unit

Vince, Congrats on your new Family Member.

I was over an old friends house a few years back. That is where I met BOB. One of the biggest Cats I have ever seen Not fat, just Freakin huge like a mini Mountain lion he was at least 30 LBS. My Friend told me he is feared by every dog in the neighborhood. Go get em BOB

16. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

At that weight, he shouldn't be named "Dolby"...he should be called "Doubly"
    Oh, can we record this in "Doubly"? [​IMG]

17. Scott Simonian

Scott Simonian Screenwriter

Awww.

What a cute kitty.

One of my cats is pretty heavy, but I dont know her weight. If I had to guess I would say ~15lbs. She doesnt really look fat but when you pick her up its like, "uuuuhh....uggghh!"

Big kitty.

18. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis
    It's always interesting to view the kitty social dynamics when a new member is added to the clowder. Looks like Dolby is at work grooming Devo. Reminds me of when Fluffy Pumpkin arrived and was deemed "too playful" by top cat Susie. He still gets in trouble with her from time to time.

19. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

Dolby's a very cute kitten, Vince. But, Devo at 28 pounds?! [​IMG] And I thought our black female, Sheena, was a lard butt at 15 pounds.

20. CaseyLS

CaseyLS Second Unit

My cat is more of an all around hoss. He weighs in at just under 20 pounds and when he streyches up he can put is paws right under my belt. I am 6'5 so it's a stretch for Cougar.

We used to have a little cat but here favorite game was running by the cat that was 3 times her size nipping his ankles and then running off. Needless to say he got pissed a few times and bloodied here up. So we got rid of her since my cousin wanted a cat.

Casey