Finally, I have a new computer

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DanaA, Mar 12, 2002.

1. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

Just received my new Dell Dimension 8200 2.0GHz with 19' Trinitron monitor, 512 MB RDRAM, 64 MB NVIDIA GeForce 3 graphics card with DVI, etc. and wanted to first post here because I'll be spending a lot more time with you tech people to learn. I also want to say I have the best wife in the world because she let me get this after spending 8-9 grand upgrading my bedroom home theater. I'm sure it beats my old 233MMX, but solitaire just seems somehow the same.

2. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

Congratulations. Nothing beats that new PC feeling. Well, maybe the new TV feeling.

If you get Windows XP, try Spider Solitaire. I play it so often, I've been thinking about adding my high score to my resume.

3. Brett DiMichele

Brett DiMichele Producer

4. Duncan Barth

Duncan Barth Stunt Coordinator

Greg: Curse you for mentioning spider solitare! Never gave it a second glance, tried it, and lost an hour of my life... with no signs of it coming back [​IMG]
    Oh, and Dana, congrats on getting the new machine [​IMG]

5. Glen_L

Glen_L Stunt Coordinator

Dana, you got a Dell! [​IMG] Congrats on your new system, looks like a good one.

6. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

Thanks everyone. Now that spider solitaire scares me. I'm already addicted to regular solitaire. Well, I guess I need a change. Marshall, I'll look into SETI and consider it. I have heard of it before.

7. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

DanaA,

With that GeFORCE3 card you need to get you a copy of Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and join me out on the battle field.