What's new

Finally!!! Here are my home theater pics! (1 Viewer)

Brian Vaughan

Stunt Coordinator
After over a year of lurking on this site (thank you all for your help) and upgrading my equipment, I have put together a website for my home theater. I'm a bit new to web building so the setup isn't the most beautiful thing in the world, but I'd love to hear your comments and suggestions. I'm pretty proud of the system, especially given the limited amount of space that a Manhattan studio allows.
Of course, that doesn't mean I won't keep upgrading ;-)
http://home.nyc.rr.com/lasciviousboasts/theater.htm
Thank you all, Brian
------------------
B&K ref 30 pre/pro
B&K ref 7250 amp
B&W N804 mains
B&W HTM2 center
B&W SCM surrounds (soon!)
CAL CLD-10
Toshiba SD-6200
Toshiba DST-3000
Perpetual Technologies P1-A
Monster HTS 3500

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
Great looking setup and equipment. Like most here. The biggest limitation is the room of course. But, must sound very very good. Enjoy!
------------------

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I see you solved the mounting problem with the centre speaker on the Toshiba RPTV :)
------------------
Link Removed
15354t.jpg

------------------
My Favourite Movie

Richard_T

Second Unit
Love the set-up Brian. I just love the B&Ws. I'm a a real fan of them but simply can't afford such hot speakers. I'm using the 602 S2s and a the C6 center. Great stuff
patriot.gif

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
That's a fantastic set-up.
Bet it sounds great.
------------------
Trevor..
shellshock.gif

Link Removed Sonically Enhanced
*Outdated new pictures
due to recent upgrades!
**Equipment list current

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Best part about the entire setup is the................
THANK YOU FOR SMOKING SIGN!!!!!!!!
As a smoker I found that great.

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Very nice. I especially like the hardwood floor and the rug you have covering it. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Jon

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Very Nice setup, must rock.
------------------
ONCE, I CONSIDERED SPARING YOUR RETCHED LITTLE PLANET CYBERTRON, NOW.., YOU SHALL WITNESS IT'S
DISMEMBERMENT...

Brian Vaughan

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for all the replies. The system sounds amazing (especially compared to my old setup).
Kelley- I'm glad that someone here got a kick out of the smoking sign. I have to admit that one of the reasons I don't go out to the movies that much is that I've become spoiled by being able to smoke whilst watching a film. Of course, my girlfriend isn't a big fan.....
Richard- I am constantly awed by how amazing the 804s sound, especially compared to my old Paradigm Monitor 3s! The only reason I have them is because I finally decided to sell my car (no need in NYC) and just put all the money into the home theater.
Neil- The center channel problem is solved, as long as my cat doesn't jump down on top of it. Everytime he sits on top of the entertainment unit I start to get nervous.
biggrin.gif

Jon- It's actually a Pergo laminate floor that I put in about a year ago. It's much nicer than my old floor and it has the added benefit of adding another layer (read soundproofing) between my apartment and my downstairs neighbors.
Again, thanks to everyone for their help, Brian
------------------
B&K ref 30 pre/pro
B&K ref 7250 amp
B&W N804 mains
B&W HTM2 center
CAL CLD-10
Toshiba SD-6200
Toshiba DST-3000
Monster HTS 3500

AllenD

Second Unit
Nice setup! I did the same thing with rear speaker wires for my old boss when he had new carpet installed. Great job.
Just curious, are your B&Ws power hungry to necessitate separates? Or did you prefer the sound quality of seps?
Thanks

Brian Vaughan

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Alan. The 804s are not too power hungry (especially compared to the rest of the nautilus line). They are rated at 50-200 watts. I definitely use the separates for the improved sound quality that they provide. It is also nice to have a lot of reserve power for those senes/songs where the speakers are doing extra duty.
I am actually debating whether or not to get a separate 2 channel amp for the mains and trade in my 5 channel amp. Of course, that requires even more money. Damn, this hobby's addictive!
Thanks, Brian
------------------
B&K ref 30 pre/pro
B&K ref 7250 amp
B&W N804 mains
B&W HTM2 center
CAL CLD-10
Toshiba SD-6200
Toshiba DST-3000
Monster HTS 3500

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks