Finally Got the Ball Rolling on New HT

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chip_Slattery, Dec 28, 2001.

1. Chip_Slattery

Chip_Slattery Stunt Coordinator

Well, after many months of research, debate, more research, procrastination and yet a bit more research we've finally started the ball rolling on our new HT.
    We've enlisted Dennis Erskine (Design Cinema Privee) to help us with the design, and hopefully will begin construction in the Spring of 2002.
    Since I know how much everyone enjoys construction threads I've put together a basic website to document our project. (see sig for link) I'll do my best to post pictures and descriptions as our project progresses. Right now the site contains a basic floorplan and some initial renderings we've used to bounce around ideas. Once we've had a chance to speak with Dennis I'm sure things will change, but for now this will give you an idea as to the direction we're heading.
    As we're still in the design phase all comments and suggestions are certainly welcome.
    And away we go....!

2. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

Right on. I look forward to seeing some construction pictures! Hope all the construction is smooth sailing for you.

Jon

3. Jens Raethel

Jens Raethel Second Unit

Jens
    This looks very interesting, its allways fun to read about different project´s!

Keep us updated!

jens

4. John Stone

John Stone Supporting Actor

Wow, great room and equipment list. I can't wait to see more!

5. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

Chip,

Very nice project! You are about to embark on a great adventure that will provide you with a final product that will give you many years of use.

I particularly like your seating and projector arrangement. I've lived with a similar set-up and it is extremely functional.

Good luck!

6. Patrick Bennett

Patrick Bennett Stunt Coordinator

Dennis creates excellent sounding & looking theaters.
    You're going to be very happy Chip. I know I am. [​IMG]
    Speaking of which, now that I've finally bought a tripod, I need to create some better pictures of my theater one of these days.