What's new

Finally got my new Studio 40s! (1 Viewer)

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
So I finally found a buyer and tied up all the ends to my Monitor 9s, so I decided to make a drive over to Windsor today to visit Bob at Live Wire Audio.

After a good 45 minutes of service and auditioning, he went to go crunch some numbers, and came out to $1150 (I think) for the 60s, and then $1105 for the 40s with the stands. I really can't afford that much right now (I probably will later on in the summer, but oh well, we'll deal with that then), so he said 960.25 for just the 40s, including tax. I get 125 of that back, for GST and PST. And remember, all these prices are in Canadian dollars, so at the exchange rate right now, I paid 620 USD.

They're still sitting in the boxes right now (the basement's a mess), but I'm going to be out of town tonight anyway...but come tomorrow! There's gonna be a party down here. :D

So thanks for all the help with my previous questions...if anybody wants me to swing by the border again, maybe we could work something out...a little compensation might help me pay for the stands and not have to go DIY. (Although that sounds very fun right now...)

Jamey F

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats on the 40's. Instead of buying the stands, try to DIY. I would consider this to save the money to buy 60's later. You could move the 40's to the rear. If you won't be able to afford that, still try the DIY route if you dare. The money you could save would be great towards movies, music, etc.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
A few cinder blocks would work as cheap temporary stands. Enjoy the 40s... I preferred them over the other speakers in Paradigm's line up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks