What's new

Finally got my HD Signal - WOW!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Ed_Palubicki

Auditioning
Well guys....after waiting for cable for over two months (new neighborhood) they finally came and hooked up my HD box. I have been watching crappy analog signal on my new Toshiba 57H82 and it sucked!!

All I can say is WOW!!! I cannot believe how sharp the picture is. I can sit and watch PBS and HD Discovery all night. I find myself watching things I never would have watched before.

My wife says I go into a HD trance.....its true.

Before everyone jumps me about not getting satellite let me say that I can't justify 500 bucks+ for a HD receiver yet. Next year maybe. Plus I am getting 20 bucks off a month for a year on programming.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Isn't it great to have the veil lifted from your eyes, Ed? Congratulations on your high-def bliss!

Lev-S

Second Unit
Ah to go HD...

(Sniffle as I sit down in front of my 20" RCA w/ coaxial antenna)

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Problem is ... you even start to watch bad programming just because it is HD ...

Competitive wrestling ... bass fishing ... :)

Regards

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Not only that, but you have to alter your viewing habits. Watch DVDs and then HD. You won't want to look at DVDs after an evening of bass fishing shows or wrestling in glorious high def.

Michael FF

Stunt Coordinator
Welcome to the world of HDTV!!! Like Jack stated above, DVD's are now relegated to a much lower status (especially in terms of image quality).

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
LOL! Way to go! Have you rewatched all the PBS demo loops 10x each and got them all burned into your day dreaming at work? :D That's what it seemed like when I first went HD. I wish there were more HD programming on PBS like the Live from Lincoln Center w/ Itzhak Perlman I saw when I first got my service set up early this year. But now, I know my Midwest/Southern history and all about the Mobile Azalea Trail. :wink:

Congrats! :emoji_thumbsup:

BTW, I wish I got a $20 monthly discount on my TWC bill. Right now, I'm really thinking it's time to kill the $$$ cable service since all the OTA HD broadcasts are supposed to be coming back in the NYC area now.

_Man_

PS: Dang it! Just checked antennaweb.org again and see that both NBC and ABC has delayed their OTA HD restoration yet again to 12/31. :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks