Finally!! Got my HD FPTV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Neil Joseph, Sep 26, 2002.

1. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Well I just replaced my trusty old LCD projector with the Sony VPL-VW11HT unit. For sure, it is a giant step over the Sharpvision XVZ1U that I had (1366x768 vs 640x480, 1000 a.l. vs 300 a.l., etc etc). All I need now is the screen to go with it. My room is not as light controlled as the Dungeon was but I was thinking Stewart. Any of you have this or a similar LCD/DLP projector recommend a specific screen for me?
    Here are the specs for help....
    [​IMG]
    http://www.projectorcentral.com/proj...m?part_id=1386

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I did some research and decided on the Stewart Greyhawk Lux Deluxe 0.8 gain but I will have to save my pennies before buying that puppy. cdn$2999. (whew)

3. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

Hmm. I believe the Greyhawk is .95 gain (I have one). The Dalite high contrast Damat is .8 gain. You can definitely see a difference between the two, as I had Dalite send me a sample of the HC Damat before I ordered the Greyhawk. The HC Damat is definitely darker.

I actually have a Stewart Greyhawk screen in their Luxus Deluxe frame for my LCD projector. I have 3000 lumens though. Have you considered the Firehawk? It has a bit more gain (1.35), though it's still a gray based screen, so you'll get the contrast benefits. It's also better for some of the lower powered projectors like the 11ht. As an added benefit, it's better than the Grayhawk at rejecting off-axis light.

BTW, congrats on your purchase! You order the Smart calibration kit yet?