Finally got KOTOR - could someone give me a brief overview?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Aaron H, May 18, 2004.

1. Aaron H

Aaron H Supporting Actor

Hi gang,

Believe it or not, I FINALLY picked up KOTOR. Bought it at Best Buy today for $15. I've never been able to pay $40-$50 for a game, and today it was finaly cheap enough.

I remember reading some of the threads way back in the day and there were certain skill points or something that you built up - some were more useful than others, I seem to remember.

Would someone be kind enough to give me a brief synopsis of the light vs dark idea and where best to rack up my points? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Aaron

2. James T

James T Screenwriter

Honestly, this game is about the story and telling you about the light and dark side will give away the plot.
    I will say that being a dark/light jedi stays true to the Star Wars Universe.

Regarding the stats....that's something I also hesitate to give too much info as well. It's an RPG game, so you are meant to make mistakes, so sticking with one thing because you heard it's the most powerful will take away from the enjoyment of playing an RPG. If you want a hint, since you use a lightsaber, keep those sword skills sharp.

3. Scott_lb

Scott_lb Supporting Actor

I'm suprised it was only fifteen bucks - my local Best Buy is still charging $29.00. I too have a hard time paying full price for games - especially since I have a huge stack left to go through. I try not to pay more than $15.00 if possible. My most recent purchases were "Neverwinter Nights" and "XIII" for the PC for $7.50 each. The one game I want to play through this summer is KOTOR - I've been waiting too long to do so!

4. Aaron H

Aaron H Supporting Actor

James T - fair enough, I understand. Yeah, I don't want to ruin anything either.

Scott, the game is on sale this week for $19.99. It's still marked $29.99 on the box, but the store flyer has it for $19.99. The trick is - use the "Gamer's Gift Card". This is a gift certificate card that you buy for someone (or yourself) that has a $5 off any $19.99 or higher game. So....take the gamer's card to the register and put maybe $15 on it. Then, when you've purchased it, open it up, get back in line with your game, hand them the $15 card and the $5 coupon and you're out the door with the $20 game. It's a pretty neat trick, I've used it a few times. WOrks on the $19.99 XBOX and PS2 greatest hits, too.

So I guess I'll just dive into KOTOR and let the story line take me away.

Aaron

5. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

I'm with james on not wanting to spoil the game for you, but there's definitely some things that you'll do differently the second time around. Fortunately, the game is good enough (and fairly different) the second time through (assuming you go with the opposite alignment) that you can experiment with these changes.

6. Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen Producer

Yup..I've played it through twice, and enjoyed it each time. I'll probably go through at least once more... first time I just did what I wanted, and was bascially neutral with a leaning towards the dark side. Second time I was TOTALLY dark side. I want to do it light-side only. [​IMG]

Enjoy! It's a HELL of a game! [​IMG]