What's new

Finally got hd from cable company, but no networks. (1 Viewer)

Benson R

Supporting Actor
I was just curious if anyone else had run into this problem.

Anyway, I was excited because my cable company finally told me I could get and hd box from them. I rented the box and sprung for their hd programming package.

The image quality is stunning, but I was quite disappointed to see that I didnt get any of the broadcast networks. I called and asked, and they said it might be months away.

Has anyone else ran into this. I'm not going to spring for an ota reciever, and even if I did in my location I'm not going to get anything. I live within the ny market and all the network affiliates they carry now broadcast in hd.

Is there any regulation that says they need to make available the networks in hd? What hurdle could be keeping them from including the networks.

I have service electric of sparta in case anyone here who subscribes to them knows anything.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
There could be some technical obstacles but most likely the biggest hurdle probably has to do with $$$.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
I think I currently receive about 10 channels if you exclude HBO and Showtime West which are just the East stations on a 3-hour delay. I'm still waiting for Time Warner to carry the WB affiliate in HD so I can watch Smallville. Maybe next year.

Nathan_W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nathan

Does your TW system have HDNet? They show two Smallville episodes Thursdays at 8 and 9 ET and repeat at 11 and 12.
My local WB affiliate is not broadcasting in HD yet, lucky for me I got HDNet. Only thing is that they're on season 1 and 2 for now.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I have brighthouse, formerly TW, and the we get our local ABC, CBS and FOX stations. We also get 2 other local educational stations. None of the other local stations are providing HD yet and our NBC affiliate has been a problem. They wouldn't even do a temporary deal during the Olympics.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks