1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Finally got all my audio upgraded! Thanks, all!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chauncey_G, Oct 22, 2001.

1. Chauncey_G

Chauncey_G Second Unit

Well, as of Friday I got the remaining speakers necessary to complete the upgrade of the audio side of my set-up. The help that I have received from forums like this one has been invaluable (especially here at HTF for introducing me to SVS! [​IMG] ) Here's the breakdown:
    Receiver: Denon AVR-4800
    Mains: B&W CDM 7NT
    Center: B&W CDM CNT
    Surrounds: B&W CDM 1NT
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39CS w/Samson 700 amp
    I've had the 7NT's for a little over a year now, the CNT and 1NT's are brand new, as of this past Friday. Quite a change from a Pro-Logic reciver and the Technics speakers I'd had since high school!
    Now I just need to get my hands on that 61" Hitachi that was calling my name when I picked up the speakers... [​IMG]
    Thanks again, folks!

2. Chauncey_G

Chauncey_G Second Unit

No kidding about TPM! I've only got the one 20-39 and it bottomed the sub out! I muted as soon as I heard it and turned down the LFE a little to compensate, so luckily no harm done. Guess I'll have to get another 20-39 to bake the original one up! Or maybe I'll save up and get the new SS package...
    OH NO! I'm starting to think about upgrading again! [​IMG]

3. Joseph_W

Joseph_W Stunt Coordinator

Chauncey and Rajee,

I was searching(B&W CDM 7NT)and ran into this post. I,too, have very similar equipment and have a couple of questions for you.

Receiver: Yamaha RX-V793

Mains: B&W CDM 7NT

Center: B&W CDM CNT

Surrounds: B&W CDM SNT

Subwoofer: SVS 20-39CS+ w/Samson 1000 amp

What crossover frequency do you set for your SVS sub? I haven't got mine yet, I just ordered it. Tom swore I needed two 20-39cs subs for my room (which I didn't have room for), so when the cs+ came out, I thought I would give it a try. (My Yamaha has no variable crossover - only 85 hz, I think. I won't keep it forever, though.)

Thanks,

Joe