Finally got all my audio upgraded! Thanks, all!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chauncey_G, Oct 22, 2001.

1. Chauncey_G

Chauncey_G Second Unit

Well, as of Friday I got the remaining speakers necessary to complete the upgrade of the audio side of my set-up. The help that I have received from forums like this one has been invaluable (especially here at HTF for introducing me to SVS! [​IMG] ) Here's the breakdown:
    Receiver: Denon AVR-4800
    Mains: B&W CDM 7NT
    Center: B&W CDM CNT
    Surrounds: B&W CDM 1NT
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39CS w/Samson 700 amp
    I've had the 7NT's for a little over a year now, the CNT and 1NT's are brand new, as of this past Friday. Quite a change from a Pro-Logic reciver and the Technics speakers I'd had since high school!
    Now I just need to get my hands on that 61" Hitachi that was calling my name when I picked up the speakers... [​IMG]
    Thanks again, folks!

2. Chauncey_G

Chauncey_G Second Unit

No kidding about TPM! I've only got the one 20-39 and it bottomed the sub out! I muted as soon as I heard it and turned down the LFE a little to compensate, so luckily no harm done. Guess I'll have to get another 20-39 to bake the original one up! Or maybe I'll save up and get the new SS package...
    OH NO! I'm starting to think about upgrading again! [​IMG]

3. Joseph_W

Joseph_W Stunt Coordinator

Chauncey and Rajee,

I was searching(B&W CDM 7NT)and ran into this post. I,too, have very similar equipment and have a couple of questions for you.

Receiver: Yamaha RX-V793

Mains: B&W CDM 7NT

Center: B&W CDM CNT

Surrounds: B&W CDM SNT

Subwoofer: SVS 20-39CS+ w/Samson 1000 amp

What crossover frequency do you set for your SVS sub? I haven't got mine yet, I just ordered it. Tom swore I needed two 20-39cs subs for my room (which I didn't have room for), so when the cs+ came out, I thought I would give it a try. (My Yamaha has no variable crossover - only 85 hz, I think. I won't keep it forever, though.)

Thanks,

Joe