Finally got a copy of advance wars

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Bardon, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Was a little tricky to track this one down, but wow this game is amazing. I have no idea how long this game is, but I'm only about 14 missions in and it's just starting to get tricky. Couple of minor gripes with the AI, and I think that some of the intel screens could be more detailed, but overall a great game that shouldn't have been taken out of print this quickly. Hopefully we'll see a sequel?

2. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

I don't think it's out of print, it's just that they're not making a whole ton of 'em. Same with Tactics Ogre, which I have on order, but nobody has shipped it to me yet.

Indeed, Advance wars is great. Once you're done with the campain, you an play it again, or just go over to the war room, where there are tons of single missions available to you. And then you can cash in your coins for even more missions.

3. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Just noticed something kind of strange. At the title screen, it says copyright 1990-2001 Nintendo and copyright 2001 Intelligent Systems. Was this game really in development for 10 years, or is there a previous game in the series for a different system?

4. Oscar_R

Oscar_R Second Unit

haha! just wait till the last level.
    that is hell on earth my friend.