Finally, Garfield Holiday Specials!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Mike Miskulin, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Mike Miskulin

Mike Miskulin Second Unit

According to Dave and our fine friends @ tvshowsondvd.com:

There's also cover art up.

Finally, my holiday cartoon collection nears completion.

mike.

2. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

[​IMG] Fox took my advice!

I'm really looking forward to picking this up, and judging by Odie's pilgrim hat on the cover, I'd assume that we can expect to see the Thanksgiving special as well... which should cover all the holiday productions. I can't wait to own this along with G&F Vol. 1 next Tues!

3. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

I got Garfield as Himself and was a bit let down by it, but these will be different because these are holiday specials that I have actually seen! I'm looking forward to this.

4. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Me too Casey.

There were some great things about the specials, like the moody jazzy scores and somewhat Schultzy late 70's stylized animation - but in the end, it just wasn't the Garfield that I was farmiliar with and had grown up watching. Overall, a nice little package... but these are the DVD's I'm really anticipating!

5. CaseyL

CaseyL Supporting Actor

That's great news! I loved the last Garfield set (I totally remember watching those before the Garfield and Friends show came out), and I am highly anticipating the G&F Season 1 this month, as well as this holiday release. The Halloween one was my favorite!

6. Jim*F

Jim*F Stunt Coordinator

It's nice to see that the DVD makers have put some thought into this and have the Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas specials on one disc -- especially since the combined running time in just over an hour!

I wish this would have been done with the Charlie Brown specials. Even with a bonus special, each holiday disc (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas) runs only 45 minutes -- meaning that all 3 discs could have fit on one disc! And I'm still waiting for the full 8-part This Is America, Charlie Brown to make its DVD debut.

7. Randy*S

Randy*S Second Unit

Randy
    I love my copy of Garfied As Himself, the last special on the disc (Garfield Gets A Life) is my favorite.
    And at a price of $9 at walmart I could'nt pass it up! [​IMG]
    Can't wait to see the thanksgiving special since I have'nt seen it yet.

8. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    The Christmas special is my personal favourite. I used to watch it every holiday season. It always gave me a nice, warm tingly feeling inside. I tried to get this on VHS a few years back only to find it was discontinued. I haven't seen the Halloween or Thanksgiving specials yet, but the inclusion of the Christmas special makes this a must buy for me.

9. JohnSmith

JohnSmith Supporting Actor

Just received "Garfield and Friends #1" boxset- picture is acceptable, but has occasional "composite/RF" shimmery effects. Still OK for £14.

Display is progressive, 19" PC CRT Monitor [​IMG] via VGA out from a Neuneo.

10. Jarrod Hines

Jarrod Hines Stunt Coordinator

I just got mine, too. I wish that they had cleaned up the video, but beggars can't be choosers. I'm just glad to be rid of some of my Family Channel VHS recordings.

Now if I could just get RGB (that's "The Real Ghostbusters," btw), I'd be all set!

11. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

I'm out the dorr right now to pick this up!!

[​IMG]

12. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

I got G&F Vol. 1 today for #39.99 today.
    I hope Vol. 2 is released.
    I'll be getting the holiday special disc. [​IMG]

13. CaseyL

CaseyL Supporting Actor

I got my G&F season 1. It looks like the original tv quality picture, which is absolutley fine, since it's Garfield and Friends. It's a little grainy, a little scratchy. There's some juming occasionally similar to what was on the Family Guy sets. Regardless, I'm very excited about this. I can't wait to watch all these this weekend. Beats the crap outta my VHS NBC Saturday morn. recorings!

14. Nater

Nater Extra

I can't wait for the holiday specials to come out! I'm so glad I didn't drop ~$30 apiece for the VHS editions on ebay. In this case the wait paid off. [​IMG]

15. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

Which opening song to they use on the Garfield & Friends set? Is it the correct season 1 song or one of the later ones?

16. Jarrod Hines

Jarrod Hines Stunt Coordinator

It's the original, not the one seen in syndication.

17. Jeff Jacobson

I posted this info in another thread also, but I though people here would be interested too.

The "U.S. Acres" cartoons on the G&F Season 1 set have the "U.S. Acres" title replaced with the title "Orson's Farm". [​IMG]

18. TheBat

TheBat Producer

Jacob
    the tv series aired on CBS. not NBC.

JACOB

19. CaseyL

CaseyL Supporting Actor

That was the original title of that portion of the show. It changed to US Acres officially later on in the shows life. So that's original air.

20. Jeff Jacobson

According to Mark Evanier's website, "Each half-hour included two GARFIELD episodes and one U.S. ACRES cartoon, although in some foreign markets, U.S. ACRES was renamed ORSON'S FARM."

Mark Evanier was Co-Producer, Writer and Voice Director on the series, so I'm sure he knows what he's talking about.