What's new

Finally finished Wizardry 8 - Woo Hoo (1 Viewer)

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
After most of January and about 100 million experience points later (my main characters finished with over 15 million each, and my NPC's had various millions) I just finished the last in the Wizardry series last night. If you like epic role playing games then this is definitely one to watch out for. At the beginning it can be quite daunting though since big battles can be very dangerous and very time consuming. By the end, however, with the ability to resurrect almost as fast as characters die (yes, even a 24th level fighter is vulnerable) things become much more manageable. With a plethora of classes, races, and stats this is a hardcore RPG, but if this is what you are looking for then this is a suitable swan song for one of the most venerable computer RPG's. If you play, be sure to watch out for the interesting retro dungeons (the rune quests).

Cheers,

Kenneth

AaronP

Stunt Coordinator
I played the Demo, and thought it was pretty good, better than I thought it would be, but I really was turned off by the combat system.

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
Yeah, the combat system is a pain at the start. It gets a little easier when your characters become powerful, but you still hit a big combat that will take 20 minutes or longer, every now and then. I think Baldur's Gate 2 is still the better overall game.

Kenneth

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks