Finally finished my Tempest Sonosub last night!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jeff lam, Apr 17, 2002.

1. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    After weeks and weeks of working on it every saturday and sunday I finally finished sealing it up on monday and filling it with polyfil and mounting the driver yesterday after work. It was too late to crank it up as my upstairs neighbor was home and she stomps on the floor when it's loud. I'll have to test it out more when she isn't home.
    Anyway, I popped in Toy Story 2 right away after plugging it in and watched the Monsters Inc. trailer. WOW!!! Such deep/clean bass. I have not heard anything like this before. Blew me away!!! Even at this low level volume (roughly 80-85dB). Can't wait to get home and calibrate it and run more demo material. Unbelievable!!!
    I took pics and will post them when I get them developed (if they turn out. I don't have a digital camera[​IMG]). I will also give more details on the design and construction when the pics are ready. I just had to share with all of you my first experience with my first DIY project.
    Thanks to all of you that helped out with info and of course Pat's site. And my new router DW-621 and jasper 200 that did most all of the work (my new favorate tools).

2. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Jeff,
    Good job! Now what about those speaker stands? It's my turn to bug YOU! [​IMG]
    Brian

3. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

Your hooped now Jeff, you can call it an addiction now, and there's no help available but to build more stuff [​IMG] oh the joy's of D.I.Y

4. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    Been hooked for a while now. I wonder where all my money goes???
    Brian,
    Those stands were put on hold because I figured it would be much easier to finish my sub first. The stands need to be altered a little fron the original design. The side birch pannels don't fit flush without gaps so not I have to do a LOT of sanding which will take forever[​IMG] !!!
    Sucks when things don't work out just as you planned.

5. Michael Do

Michael Do Agent

which amp did you use to drive the tempest?

6. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    Oh yeah,

I'm using one channel of a Crown CE1000 amp. Rated at 450W into 4 ohms.

7. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer