What's new

Finally finished all of my AV1+'s Cherry with oil finish (1 Viewer)

Darren_T

Second Unit
Whew, finally got my butt in gear and finished my speakers. I applied 4 coats of a 50/50 solution of boiled linseed oil and poly then followed that up with a rubbed on poly thinned 50% for 3 more coats. Turned out nice, I'm probably going to finish up my sub with a few more coats to match them up. They sound good too!!
Front right on my unfinished stands built to match the entertainment center
Front view of same speaker
From the seating position a pic of the front 3 channels
Another view of speaker
Close up of finish...can even see the wax powder I rubbed out! Check out the edge where the two faces meet...you can see the wax powder built up on the edge, freaked me out when I looked at the pic, thought it was scratches or something. I'm liking the macro on this camera :)
Darren

Cam S

Screenwriter
Darren, those are some dam sexy speakers! The look of them blends perfectly with the rest of the system, very well done!!

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Darren,

Those look great! Good work, as usual. I am a bit concerned about that left speaker though. It sure is boxed in by the side and rear wall and the side of the entertainment center.

A

Anthony_Gomez

Looking good!
A suggestion though....With the left main so close to the wall, if your spouse will allow, you may want to put up some egg crate or accoustic tiling. You are probably getting some sever replections and reflection cancelation there!! If you can't do any tiling...how about a wall hanging or something :)

Darren_T

Second Unit
Believe me guys... I feel your pain seeing the left speaker boxed in so much. My room doesn't allow for anything else as you can see the entertainment center takes up all the room. The speaker does have about 18" clearance from the back wall though so that's not bad. The reflection is the main issue.

I'm considering a wall hanging but it's kinda tough because just out of the picture on that side is our fireplace, I only have about 2 feet of wall space before that, I've toed the speaker a little which helps but my image is still quite distorted because of the reflection. Hmmmm.... maybe I could get my mother to make me a narrow, long quilt to absorb some of that.

Any suggestions?

Darren

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Wow, that's magnificent work. I'd never have the balls to get anywhere near that close to my stuff with a camera. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks