Finally - Denon 5803 arrived

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Zbigniew, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Zbigniew

Zbigniew Stunt Coordinator

Finally got 5803 - after some painfull adventures, lost money, etc.

Anyway:
    1) I just love conversion to component - since we are using Toshiba 40x81, which does not have a discreete codes for video input, creating macros/programming remotes was a major pain. with conversion I can run all sources ( Pioneer 525, Dish 6k S-vide & component) to Denon, and let 5803 do switching/conversion, and keep Toshiba on this same input all time.
    2) on-screen volume display - so-so.
    3) sound quality - sweet. DPLII is much better that DPL, but jury is out on DPLII vs L7. I will have to set a test to put both 5803 and MC-1 connected to this same set of speakers, and see how it works.
    3) this same input (from DBS) will be set to DPLII when fed with stereo or DD 2 channel, and to DD when fed with 3/2/1 signal. No need to switch (finally).

Now time to upgrade speakers - anyone around DC needs a full set of Paradigm Monitors (9, 5, ADP, CC) ?

_zjt

2. Alex Yang

Alex Yang Stunt Coordinator

Whom did you place your order with, Adrian Alexander??!?? Just curious... [​IMG] If please send me email to discuss... Did you actually wind up getting something from him??!??
    Thanks,
    -Alex

3. Zbigniew

Alex - did I mentioned painfull adventures & lost money? I am afraid AA is no longer a viable option for me.

This time I used e-bay as starting point for research, and had a very nice, fast and satisfactory transaction.

_zjt

4. Alex Yang

Alex Yang Stunt Coordinator

Z,
    Please do tell me details as I would like to get resolution if possible... I'm out $$$ as well... [​IMG]
    -Alex

5. Matt AFA

Matt AFA Extra

What happened here that you guys are out of some money?

6. Zbigniew

Alex,
    let's move it to private e-mail.

Matt, if you do not know involved parties, then you do not need to know. Sorry.

_zjt

7. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

Hey Matt. Do a search on Adrian Alexander on this forum. It might shed a little light that may make you the wiser purchaser later on.

Good Luck