What's new

Finally decided on the tv Im buying (1 Viewer)

Henry Hughes

Agent
The wife and I made a little trip to Circuit City. In one corner the had the Sony GWIII 50 inch, the 60 inch Sony XBR950, and the Hitachi 50 inch LCD. In the little couch area right next to other tv's were a 50 inch Panasonic LCD and 43 inch Samsung DLP. All the TV's were on HD CBS and were showing a college basketball game (can't remember which game). So I'm explaining all the differences of the TV's to my wife. Well to us, the 2 Sony's really looked heads and shoulders over the others. The were showing "Finding Nemo" on the Samsung, but it didn't look as good as the Sony's. My wife asked why the price between the 2 Sony's was so different. I explained how one had HD built in, while the other was HD ready and how we would have to buy a new receiver and dish to view HDTV. This was her reply
Wife: "You mean we'll have 2 dishes on the roof, we already have that huge Direcway dish up there."

Me: "Well yeah but..."

Wife: "Get the 50 inch version of the one with HD built in"

Me: "They only make 60 inches, and 70 inches in that model"

Wife "Fine, then get the 60 inch"

Me: "Well, if you say so" :D :D :D

I will be getting it within the next month, and I can't wait. The picture on the set looked utterly amazing.

This was me standing in front of the 60 inch XBR
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
:eek:
:eek:

Needless to say Im a pretty happy guy.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Women make choices easier than men on items like this for sure.....

I thought my Significant other was going to slug me over the head when we went back to Best Buy the next day and they were sold out in the region on the set I had chosen that was in stock just the night before when I finally made up my mind some 2+ months after I decided to upgrade to HDTV and started looking!!! lol

Dan

Stunt Coordinator
Join the club, brother Henry. I've had the 60" XBR for about 3 weeks now and have been mightily impressed. Lucky you for a wife who gave th go-ahead on a 5k+ TV. I had the same luck and that "YES" sure feels nice.

After the purchase, I was actually the one with buyers remorse- nothing with the TV, simply the price tag.

You'll enjoy the unit- gaming, movies, HDTV all look unbelievable-- and I'm running off S-video for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks