What's new

Finally Decided on New Speakers and Thought I'd Share. (1 Viewer)

Shion_ca

Stunt Coordinator
Hello All,

Just thought I'd share my bliss at having purchased a pair of Tannoy D700's this weekend to go with my musical fidelity pre and amp. Am quite blissfully happy though Ironically I note that there is one area I prefer my HK320 acting as a preamp instead of the MF pre (upper middle frequencies for electric guitar).

Retired my old fronts to surrounds and now am trying to figure out the wonders of HT. I always thought there would be more rear channel information in surround sound, I posted some of my questions about it on the receiver/amps forum. In any case given offerings out there for speakers in the 4 - 5k US range I'd definately make the Tannoy's a listen before purchasing. (tough call between them, the Von Schweikerts, the Silverline Audio sonnatas, and the Kef Ref 4.2's though)

Mike_Ch

Stunt Coordinator
I love the Tannoy sound too, did you try the Dimension series? I belive the TD8 is also in that price range. Anyways, the D700's are great, and you should get many years of enjoyment out of them. Congrats! :)
Cheers,
Mike

Shion_ca

Stunt Coordinator
Actually,
Before tax I spent $4000 Canadian on them. That's about 2564 US pre tax. I really couldn't have swung the dimensions for that cash. To tell you the truth I didn't even want to hear them out of fear ; ) I will do my very best to avoid listening to anything that significantly betters my speakers :)

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Are these the ones with the "supertweeters"? I heard a pair of Tannoys some years ago (have no idea what model), and loved them. Just a gorgeous sound.

Shion_ca

Stunt Coordinator
Nope, but you can buy the super tweeters for them. The dimension series now comes with super tweeters I believe (or maybe they're an option for them as well) Regardless they're exactly what I was looking for and I figure once I get around to buying a decent source and biwiring them I can always add a super tweeter as la piece de resistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks