What's new

Finally buying a new car (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I have never heard of this, nor have I ever experienced it with any of our vehicles. Seems illogical, as I doubt you are keeping your fob outside where it's cold.
Actually I do keep the fobs in a cold climate in the Winter time- I keep them inside my company truck while I’m running freight, so the cold fob
thought does seem to make sense.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Maybe try keeping the fob in your pocket when it's cold and see if that makes a difference?
This won’t be an issue for much longer, but what
I’ll do when I know I’m going home is sit the fobs
over the windshield defrost ducts in the truck, and heat them up a little. I’m sure this will work.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Maybe someone here can give me a tip about changing the batteries in the fob? I definitely know 1 of the 2 fobs for my Jeep doesn’t work.
Is there a trick involved to get the fob apart? I don’t want to damage it.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Maybe someone here can give me a tip about changing the batteries in the fob? I definitely know 1 of the 2 fobs for my Jeep doesn’t work.
Is there a trick involved to get the fob apart? I don’t want to damage it.
Doesn't your owner's manual have instructions for changing the battery in the fob?

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Doesn't your owner's manual have instructions for changing the battery in the fob?
Unfortunately I misplaced the packet that came with the Jeep. The Chrysler dealership said they’d get me a replacement manual. :P

I’m a little surprised this information can be found in the car manual- DIY stuff usually isn’t included.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Unfortunately I misplaced the packet that came with the Jeep. The Chrysler dealership said they’d get me a replacement manual. :P

I’m a little surprised this information can be found in the car manual- DIY stuff usually isn’t included.

I am not sure with Chrysler, but the manuals for my GMC Acadia and my wife's Buick Encore contain this information, as well as information on programming a new remote -- I need to try that, as I received a third remote for my Acadia when I bought the vehicle. GM provides an app for my smartphone called My GMC, which contains the complete owner's manual for each of our vehicles, formatted to easily find information -- this is how I just made sure the fob battery replacement info was there. Doesn't Chrysler provide an electronic version of your manual in some form, either via an app or online for downloading?

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I am not sure with Chrysler, but the manuals for my GMC Acadia and my wife's Buick Encore contain this information, as well as information on programming a new remote -- I need to try that, as I received a third remote for my Acadia when I bought the vehicle. GM provides an app for my smartphone called My GMC, which contains the complete owner's manual for each of our vehicles, formatted to easily find information -- this is how I just made sure the fob battery replacement info was there. Doesn't Chrysler provide an electronic version of your manual in some form, either via an app or online for downloading?
Thanks- I’ll see if there’s an app from Chrysler

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Easy. Easy. Remove the key and there’s a notch for a coin, to separate the two sides of the fob. Mine takes a CR2032, as I recall.
Yes my Jeep key fobs take the CR2032 3V battery- I figured out how to get the fob apart
(a very small flat blade screwdriver to separate
the front and back case). Thanks for everyone’s advise.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I ordered a rubber cargo mat for the Grand Cherokee- it’s the one from Chrysler that is cut to fit the cargo area, and it has the Jeep insignia.
It does a great job- the metal runners in the cargo area made things slide around while I was driving- this rubber mat keeps things still while in motion.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Last edited:

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Seems blasphemy to call an electric 4 door car a Mustang, no matter how fast it can go.
I agree. I feel the same about the so-called electric motorcycles. If you can't hear it coming then it ain't a motorcycle!

My how times are changing and I don't know if I like it.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I agree. I feel the same about the so-called electric motorcycles. If you can't hear it coming then it ain't a motorcycle!

Ain’t ya ever watched Tron? Those motorcycles were made of bits. :D

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

All that noise is wasted energy not going into velocity! Best designs are quiet. :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
An EV is on the wishlist. The Mustang Mach-E is currently top of my list. So I’ve been reading the early reviews, even though it’s just wishful thinking for now. It generally sounds like a good car, though the premium for a high-range EV is apparent still.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
All that noise is wasted energy not going into velocity! Best designs are quiet. :)
Most bikers consider that "noise" a warning to others that we are near and consider it a potential lifesaver. ;) The new fully electric "Etron" SUV from Audi is actually adding electronic noise to the drivetrain for the exact same reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks