What's new

Finally bought FIREFLY! (1 Viewer)

MattAlbie60

I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific
Real Name
Stephen Lilley
My parents were a Neilson family for like a year or two maybe six years ago. It's a pretty decent setup - they pay you like $8 a month per TV in your household, and they come in and attach all sorts of equipment and whatnot. They were bringing out old TV's from the garage and from the attic and hooking them up everywhere they could :)
All they accomplished was making sure reruns of JAG, WALKER: TEXAS RANGER and CSI never went off the air. It was after I'd gone away to college, so sadly I was unable to help save ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Doesn't FOX lose the rights to Firefly this year? I heard there is a 10 year window concerning said property. I may be wrong, but I'm almost certain I read about that someplace.
Watching this series makes me think one thing.....there are PLENTY of stories yet to tell about these characters, and many 'small' moments waiting to happen. I will continue to cross my fingers, and hope beyond reason that Firefly will return.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Oh hell, I'd be OK if they started over with the core concept in place and moved on.. the core concept is unique SciFi.. they can travel "near" but not faster then the speed of light, and when they colonized, the things they couldn't bring along was infrastructure.. so animals, agriculture, roads and cities all had to be built on arrival, making for a good combination of real unsettled and initial landing points with high population. I liked the concept a lot - it was so vastly different and more 'science' oriented then most syfy. I'd root for a follow up of any sorts.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Bryan^H said:
Doesn't FOX lose the rights to Firefly this year? I heard there is a 10 year window concerning said property. I may be wrong, but I'm almost certain I read about that someplace.
Watching this series makes me think one thing.....there are PLENTY of stories yet to tell about these characters, and many 'small' moments waiting to happen. I will continue to cross my fingers, and hope beyond reason that Firefly will return.
Not that I'm privy to inside information but Fox must own the name and characters until the copyright runs out. If the show had been a huge hit and after a decade, Fox put themselves in a position where they had to get 'their' property back (presumably at a huge cost), their stockholders would have been quite angry that anyone signed a deal like that. That being said, Fox has allowed the characters to be used in books (?), comic books and another studio's movie so if someone wanted to bring the TV show back, I'm sure Fox would love to make money from it especially since they'd have to do basically nothing to earn more money off of it.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I know it's a longshot, but I still hope that Firefly gets reborn as a series somehow. There is a supreme shortage of decent scifi these days, and Firefly had a lot of potential.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Think shows don't have durability? Amazon just let me know my Firefly 10th Anniversary Hardcover Book was being shipped to me today:

http://www.amazon.com/Firefly-A-Celebration-Anniversary-Edition/dp/1781161682/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1349151701&sr=8-4&keywords=firefly

A 544 page stamped volume containing all of the behind-the-scenes information, full color photos, and interviews with the cast and crew about the show now.

Great review from Wired:
http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2012/09/firefly-a-celebration/

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Received the book today... one comment: AWESOME.

This is a complete and total collectors item. Beautifully bound, fantastic content.. wowza. :)

Envy the awesomeness suckers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks