What's new

Finally, Blu-Ray PCM tracks from Warner: The Departed! (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Man, I cannot believe they are putting out a two disc set on the BD side. I do not see anything in the extras that would not fit onto a single BD 50. What the hell is the use of a 50G capacity disc if you are not going to use the total capacity. It's bizarre.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Thank God it's not a TotalHD disc. I won't buy those. What I find troubling is that they still will have about 20 GB of unused space since I'd put money down that it's a 16 bit LPCM track. Why can't Warner Brothers get their act together and support 24 bit Dolby TrueHD tracks? They just need to add the compatible software decoder to their Blu-Ray authoring software. It takes up less space than a 16 bit LPCM track anyway, and on a 50 GB disc they could go 24/96 with the extra space!

Dan

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
only thing i dont like is...
Warner has set a $38.95 list price for the Blu-ray version, and $39.95 for the HD DVD/DVD combo.

the br price is too high and the hd dvd is a stinkin' combo

WinstonCely

Second Unit
Real Name
Winston Cely
I was looking for a review of this title here and didn't see one in my search.

I kinda did a bad thing and bought this today without looking here first for a review. I should have saved the money for bills, but I had my copy of Goodfellas and The Aviator stolen (with all the rest of my home entertainment equipment about a year and a half ago) and The Departed was in a "Scorsese Collection" at Best Barf-er- Best Buy today. It was roughly the cost of buy two get one free, so I thought what the heck.

Anyway, now that I've made this post entirely too long, has anyone any reviews on the A/V on The Departed? The set is still wrapped up so I can return it if need be.

Oh, I saw the movie when it hit the theaters, and though I think it's really good, it's not up there with some of his other films, IMHO.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Originally Posted by DellaStMedia

I was looking for a review of this title here and didn't see one in my search.

I kinda did a bad thing and bought this today without looking here first for a review. I should have saved the money for bills, but I had my copy of Goodfellas and The Aviator stolen (with all the rest of my home entertainment equipment about a year and a half ago) and The Departed was in a "Scorsese Collection" at Best Barf-er- Best Buy today. It was roughly the cost of buy two get one free, so I thought what the heck.

Anyway, now that I've made this post entirely too long, has anyone any reviews on the A/V on The Departed? The set is still wrapped up so I can return it if need be.

Oh, I saw the movie when it hit the theaters, and though I think it's really good, it's not up there with some of his other films, IMHO.
It gets very high ratings for pq and aq from blu-ray.com

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Departed-Blu-ray/356/

I'd say open and enjoy with confidence. I think it is up there with his best, but that just my 2 cents...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks