Final stretch of a year long project

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Ronnie Ferrell, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Ronnie Ferrell

Ronnie Ferrell Second Unit

Well I have finally got around to finishing my sealed tempest sub. Here is a refresher course on the beginnings of it, ala Patman style! [​IMG]

pictorial build of 122L sealed Tempest

I have had the thing running naked (again Patman style) for probably 10 months or so now.
    [​IMG]

About 3 weeks again I figured it was time to get it some cloths. I have not finished it yet but here is where it stands:

This is the solid hard maple top I glued up about a week ago. I have never glued up a panel before and it turned out pretty good!
    [​IMG]

Here are the rails and style for one side of the sub laid out to see what it will look like.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here is a shot from this morning after I removed the clamps. I glued the mitered styles on last night.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is a close up of the foot end of one of the corners.
    [​IMG]

Hopefully I can get the rails glued on tonight! The bummer part is, SWMBO insist I finish it to match our dark Armoire you see the corner of in the first picture. [​IMG] I just love the 2-tone look right now of the lighter solid hard maple against the darker maple veneer. Oh well, I guess I'm lucky that she at least LETS me have a sub at all! [​IMG]

Ronnie

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Hey, that project is looking good! Too bad you can't be at Atlanta DIY tomorrow to show it off.

3. Ronnie Ferrell

I know! I wish I could make the DIY Atlanta with or without the sub. We had plans to go to Texas this weekend to visit my brother so the DIY Atlanta was out. Now the texas plans have even fallen through as well. On top of that I now get to clean out gutters tomorrow at my parents house. Boy am I the lucky one! [​IMG]

Ronnie

4. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Ronnie,

Just remind your wife of the fun she had shopping last year while you were here and that should be enough to get her to help you skip out on the gutters! [​IMG]

Looking good, BTW!

5. Kyle Richardson

Kyle Richardson Screenwriter

Very, very nice looking. I too like the unstained look but like you said, "Oh well, I guess I'm lucky that she at least LETS me have a sub at all!"

6. Ronnie Ferrell

Brian you're just bummed out that you are going to miss out on that free lunch I promised you for sending me those test scraps of cherry veneer. You can still go to Taco-Bell anyway! [​IMG]

Ronnie

7. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Damn, Ronnie. I forgot about that! Now I'm pissed 'cause I want my free lunch! [​IMG]

8. Hank Frankenberg

Hank Frankenberg Cinematographer

Very nice looking sub, Ronnie! I like the framed look. BTW, Brian doesn't deserve a free lunch![​IMG]

9. Ronnie Ferrell

Thanks for the compliments!

Oh BTW, after seeing the picture of Brian from Saturday, his free lunch would have been a slimFast bar!

Sorry Brian! Couldn't resist the slow pitch Hank tossed me! And on top of that, like I have any room to talk... [​IMG] I need to hit the weights as well, but a lot more than you do!

rf

10. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

A Snickers bar is more nutritious than that SlimFast crap. We'd all lose weight (for a while) if those 2 shakes and a "sensable meal" was all we ate all day.

11. Dennis_H

Dennis_H Stunt Coordinator

Just remember

Why have a 6-pack when you can have a keg...

or

I have a 6-pack, I just keep it in an insulated cooler...