What's new

Final stages of wiring new HT, what is the best subwoofer and surround back placemen? (1 Viewer)

Ryan_AS

Auditioning
Before I drywall this room I need help with a couple issues.

I've been reading about subwoofer placement and I'm getting some conflicting info. The room in 12' x 26' with 8' ceilings. Left and front wall and floor are concrete. Speaker setup will be 7.1.

Now, I've read the best sub lactions are 1) a corner, 2) 1/3 down the longest unbroken wall, 3)you have to "find" the best location. I need to prewire for this RG6 cable Box somewhere in this room. So what should I do?

Reagarding the surround backs. I've studied the THX and Dolby speaker placemment diagrams and I'm lost. THX has you place both speakers directly behind in close proximity. Dolby has them a 150 degree angle max. What should I pre-wire for?

Thanks.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Ryan,
Looks like you have done your research. One more location for the sub - center of the front wall. I guess you #3 option is where you put your sub on your seating location and crawl along the floor to find the best spot.
When I built my theater, I ran the LFE wire to a box in center front, then I ran a jumper to another in the front corner. I wanted to have the sub in the center front, but I figured the corner is usually a safe bet. If the center location didn't work I would connect the jumper and then have it in the corner. After the theater is completed the center location did work out. I have a plate over the other box. One thing to remember, put an outlet there also. Most houses do not have outlets in the corners.
Sorry, I don't have a 7.1, so don't know what to tell you there.
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks