Final Four tickets: how, where, how much?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Stryker, Nov 2, 2001.

1. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

I have sort of been put in charge of a friends bachelor party that is happening next March; my pwrt of the deal is to try and secure tickets to the NCAA Final Four for 5 guys, and I'm completely at a loss as to how to get them. The head party coordinator has said they each have about $250 to spend on the tickets, and they want to try to go to all 3 games.
    Is this reasonable or are they kidding themselves? Where should I look for tickets, and when/how? Has anyone been to a Final Four recently that can tell me what to expect, especially if they want to wait and scalp at the door?
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

2. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Supporting Actor

Matt,
    The only way to get tickets at face value is to enter the NCAA lottery and hope that you get some. Otherwise, you will have to deal with "Ticket Agencies", those legalized scalpers or just plain scalpers to get them.
    EDIT: I do believe that they have already been allocated for this year. However, usually you can find someone that is willing to scalp tickets because their team does not make it. I don't know if schools get a ticket allocation or not for the Final Four.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Adrian Jones
    [Edited last by AdrianJ on November 02, 2001 at 12:19 PM]

3. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

I will try to give you some perspective, Matt. In 1992, my brother was on the coaching staff of the University of Michigan basketball team. If you remember the Fab Five, they made it to the championship game (against Duke) as freshmen that year. Our family was lucky enough to receive tickets for the Final Four and Championship game.
    Anyway, during the Final Four games on Saturday, I was offered $1500.00 for my Championship game ticket. Our seats for all three games were about 13 rows up and just left of center court. Remember, this was at the Metrodome where seating was far more abundant than you will generally find for NCAA basketball. My point? You don't have near enough money for what you'd like to do. Sorry... [​IMG]
    ------------------
    The Dark Tower
    [​IMG]
    Fearless Vampire Killers (1967)?

4. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer
    Supporter

I assume the Final Four is in Atlanta this year? If so, is Georgia Tech the designated host school? If they are, you may want to check out ticket availability through their athletic department (although I would guess tickets would be limited and only available to Tech season ticket holders). If you need to resort to scalpers, I agree with Jeff -- you don't have nearly enough money budgeted to get tickets to one game, let alone all three.
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection
    AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 1

5. Tom Meyer

Tom Meyer Second Unit

The lottery for each year's final 4 is held just after the tourny is over. Ergo, this 2002's is over and all the tix are long gone.
    from the NCAA website:

6. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

This is pretty much what I told them (as far as price). They are in Duke Divinity School (so the stripper is pretty much out, Tom) but there is a chance they can get them through Duke, IF Duke makes it.
    The actual games are at the Georgia Dome (seats around 50,000+ I think). I was thinking it was more about regional proximity; eg, if the four schools are all from the west coast or northwest, there is a much lower demand than if it was UNC, Duke, or Kentucky.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

7. Frank_W

Frank_W Stunt Coordinator

Actually, if you can wait, the brokers buy so much
    that tickets are pretty much face value.
    The lottery is really how to do it - I send about 60
    app's (I have a lot of friends that help me out) to
    get my tickets.

8. Shayne Judge

Shayne Judge Stunt Coordinator

Any idea how to get tickets to the ACC championship series? I know it is coming to Tampa in a bit.....