What's new

Final Fantasy XII announced... (1 Viewer)

Mark Giles

Second Unit
My god! That looks nice.

I really hope this is more like FF6 or 7 or even 9

Less linear and less cut scenes.

I just might go back to the FF series if this is any good.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Apparently, its less linear in the sense of more options to get to the same end result. Also, you can develop one aspect of the story more if you wish to, but you'll get a basic understanding of everything that's going on anyway.

I'm really looking forward to the storyline. Sure, it's been done before, but it's still a very unique twist on all the FF cliches.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
OK so at first i thought this was X2 we were tlaking about, and that picture in the article looked alot like Tidus and Yuna.... but i guess its not. So when is this comming out and it is for PS2 right?

JamesH

Supporting Actor
From IGN:

Q: There seems to be a trend of FF games towards younger looking, more effeminate male leads. Did you ever consider making a more rugged looking hero?

Lot's of laughter as the super translater person tries to figure out how to describe Vaan as "effeminate."

Yoshida: In the early stages of development the hero character was more rugged -- big and tough. As we started shaping up the scenario and taking into consideration the target demographic, the character became what you see today. There were other ideas tossed around.

My only thought on this is......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Tidus was more than effiminate enough, plus there is the whole FFX2 cast. I'd be all for if Dark Knight Cecil made a cameo and ran this Van guy through with a broadsword about .00001% of the way into the game. What are everyone else's thoughts on the "evolution" of Final Fantasy main characters?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I don't like whiny male leads, but only in terms of motivations, dialogue, actions, etc. The looks don't bother me, so long as a badass (like Auron in FFX) is around.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks