1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fantasy XI beta?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chad Ferguson, Jul 4, 2003.

1. Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson Supporting Actor

I heard that they started taken in requests too be in beta and I curious where I could go to do that? Has anyone here been accepted into beta yet? Also, does anyone know anything about this game?
    Thank you

2. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

The beta application thing was started a while ago, maybe a month or so. I think they're done accepting applications.

Go to any website like GameSpot or IGN to read up on the game. It's a MMORPG for PS2 and PC (you can play on either platform with players from both platforms from all over the world).

3. Ray Warner

Ray Warner Stunt Coordinator

If you don't mind playing the PC version, you could always import. It's been up and running for over a year. Myself and a good chunk of other people have been on and off it for a long time.

Good times, but it's very requirement-heavy.

I'm not sure why they're doing a U.S. only beta. Stress test the U.S. servers, I guess?

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

They've been developing the U.S. version alongside the Japanese version so that they each have the same features for when they update and such, so they're probably testing if the American version needs to be further modified for more spread-out usage.