1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fantasy XI - Anyone interested in playing?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Brian Kleinke, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Brian Kleinke

Brian Kleinke Supporting Actor

Ok we all know about that thread concerning the Hard Drive and $100 and ranting [​IMG]

Well I decided thanks to that thread that what the heck, I'd load up my good old Beta. After about 2 months the games quite a different place. WAY WAY more people online, now 700+ instead of the measly 150-200 before. When the game goes live the servers will likely be even more packed.

Anyway, point is I have had a blast this weekend. Gained 4 levels so I could get my Subjob. Spent far far two long with 2 Warriors to do the Chocobo quest and get our License. Now I'm working on getting Black Mage up to lvl 10 so I'm more uber when I'm lvling my main class, which is White Mage.

I've seen a bunch of areas I'd never seen before. Talked to some friends from 2 months ago who are crazy high levels.

So the death penalty sucks, but it's not as bad as D&D proper [​IMG] and gives the game a little more challengeing feeling to it. The real key is good groups, leveling isn't so tedious and quite fun.

Also with the server now in semi-full gear. The Auction House works as intended.... I could go ON and ON.

Anyway just wondering if anyone here has any interest on picking this up at launch. If you've got any questions about it feel free to ask, I've now suck over 130 hours into this blasted little game. And I'm likely droping SWG because is A LOT more fun [​IMG] (and since I might be able to get my wife to play it...)

Brian

2. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I'm considering it, but only if I am able to get it when it comes out, if I have the NA then, have money set aside for a few months worth of play, have the free time, and already know people who will play it.

3. Paul_Sjordal

Paul_Sjordal Supporting Actor

I'll be able to offer a real answer after I join the beta, which hopefully won't be too many more days…

4. Brian Kleinke

Brian Kleinke Supporting Actor

Paul,

They're still letting people in the beta!? Wow.. since it ends in about a month [​IMG]

if you do end up in the beta I'm on as Raamo most of the time. I can likely help ya out.

Brian