What's new

Final Fantasy X soundtrack (1 Viewer)

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Hi all,

As a movie fan, I buy a lot of soundtracks. I picked up the FF X soundtrack and I have to say that it's very impressive, even for game music which generally isn't as good as this. One thing - there is a single-CD soundtrack and a 4-CD import. I got both, but the single-CD is VERY pale when compared to the 4-CD set. The 4-CD set might be a little bloated, but it has EVERY piece of music used in the game. Defintely a must-have if you like this game.

There are online vendors that have it, but I got it from a guy on eBay for $30+shipping. I know there are funky rules about eBay links, but this is different since he actaully runs a business. Look for it, you'll find it.

I've been listening to it almost every day for 2 weeks now. The battle tracks are excellent, the main theme is gorgeous, and there's one track called "Wandering Flame" that's used in the game for a brief amount of time that's very beautiful. All video game music should be this good.

Mike

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
And just a note - if you buy a game soundtrack from eBay, there's a /strong/ possibility it's a bootleg. If it's on the everAnime or SM labels, it's a boot. All those "$9.99 Final Fantasy Sountrack" CDs are boots...

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Not the one I got, but you're right...the buyer should do their homework.

Mike

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, Mike, didn't mean to make it sound like you bought a boot - just making it clear to everyone that eBay is rampant with bootleg game soundtracks.

paul_v

Second Unit
Hmm I have yet to play FF X but I may pick up the soundtrack. I'm a soundtrack junkie...my favorite game soundtrack right now is Homeworld.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H!!!!!!!!
EVER ANIME!
()#$ #)($*)# #)($*)$!_)@$)#(*#!
(serious obscenities removed)
Thanks for the heads up!
And yes, I've been screwed.
Not like you could tell from the packaging.
---
Followup
Well, thanks again for the notification about Ever Anime. Turns out that ALL the FF X soundtracks on eBay are bootlegs; you can't even find a legitimate one.
I did some research on deja.com and found a site called gamemusic.com that sells LEGIT copies. I ordered the FF X and Zelda CDs from there; I'll try to send the boots back but who knows...
I'll say this - you'd NEVER know from the Ever Anime packaging. When I said that they weren't boots it was because I never thought boots could look THIS good.
:angry:
Mike

Christopher Chung

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Mike, I know what you mean. I happen to buy the same 4 CD set that you are talking about on eBay. Personally, I'd much rather have a legit copy (of course) but the sound quality seems to be just as good. How do I know? Well I bought the Official soundtrack from tokyopop.com before it went out of business, and all the tracks sound the same.

Anyways, I think that this is an awsome soundtrack and should not be missed by any fan.

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
I think Brian ment to say SM, or Son May Records (I'm sure his finger just hit the wrong key by mistake). Son May are the original kings of bootleg anime and game music OSTs.

Yes, the packaging and discs look like the real thing, and the music and recording quality is exactly identical to the originals.

But no one wants to support a bootlegging enterprise when their money could and should be going to the musicians instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks