What's new

Final Fantasy X reviews hitting the net (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Athttp://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...791016,00.html , they have a review of the import copy of Final Fantasy X. From what they say, it's no wonder that japanese gaming magazine gave it a 39/40. I can't wait for it to hit the US next year! I have about 20 minutes worth of video from the game (I download a lot, on a 56k too) and it looks amazing. I assume that there will be more reviews on the internet and in magazines in the following weeks, so I started this thread for people to give first or second hand impressions or links to sites with info. IMHO, this is gonna be one of the games that makes my PS2 worth it.

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
This game looks to be the ULTIMATE RPG ever created!!!
I can't wait!!!
cool.gif

------------------
Thanks,
Steven R. Simon
HTF Administrator
Theater Pics Updated 6-11-2001
Send Email: [email protected]

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I agree, this does look to be the ultimate RPG ever. The graphics are smooth and amazing, the storyline seems to be interesting, the gameplay is involved, and there is no proof that any aspect of this game is bad. Even fans of Sega, Nintendo, and the X-Box would agree that this game is looking VERY good. I truly think that the reason that the PS2 is going to be succesful is because it has great games like this. If the PS2 keeps pumping out games like this, I could see them winning the console wars.

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
I havent even bothered looking into FF X at all, but I hope this game wont be a trip back into 'Looney Toons World' that FF IX was in? I rented that game for 5 nights and took it back after the first. It just wasnt Final Fantasy to me. Guess I'll just have to stick with the classic super nintendo FF's.
JQ

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
When is this going to be released in the U.S.??? From what I hear it's not coming over here until 2002. I'm trying to avoid most of the FFX talk because I don't want to be 'anxiously awaiting' it for that long.

paul h

Supporting Actor
According to Gaming Age Square have announced that 2,140,000 copies of the game were sold on pre-order alone.
They sure like FF in Japan!

Yoshi Sugawara

Stunt Coordinator
I heard the game is in Dolby Digital 5.1 My brother is living in Japan right now and he's getting a copy for me...Can't wait to play it.
------------------

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I'm not going to call myself the master of FFX info, but I do know a lot about it.
The localization for FFX will take a very long time due to the amount of spoken dialogue and written text. There are places where text is displayed in the background, and that may also be changed. They already started on the voicework for the American release, and it should be out Q1 of 2002, but based on the Japanese release, it may end up as Q2.
I personally liked FFIX. The game had many elements that were throwbacks to previous games, and had a story similar to the SNES games. If you look at the original concept art from the SNES games, it is very similar to the concept art from FFIX, not just by artist, but by the style and technique. IMO, FFIX is in the top 3 FF games. V was good, VI was great, VII was great, VIII was too confusing and too different (compared to the other games), and IX was excellent. Thats just my opinion, and that doesn't mean that I am right.
FFX will be the ultimate fantasy, in that the characters look like humans but live in a big, bright, colorful world (some parts are dark, but its mostly colorful). The storyline is interesting, and the gameplay is supposed to be very fun. Also, it's not a "Looney Tunes" game like FFIX, the characters are more like those in VIII, but only in the sense that they are realistic.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Many people are buying this console for this game, even if it comes out for another console. When you think about it, there are many games coming out that will make buying this console worth it, and some of them are PS2 exclusives.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Man, I can't wait for this game. EBGames has it listed for release Feb 2, 2002. But we all know game streetdates are NEVER set in stone and have a tendency to be delayed fairly often. But it WILL be here 1st quarter next year for sure, and I'll have to set aside 60+ hours of my life to play it.
But for now, back to Final Fantasy Chronicles!
Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks