Final Fantasy X Questions and Help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Morgan Jolley, Jan 15, 2002.

1. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

There is another FFX thread, but its more about FFX reviews, so I started this for people to get help in.

I have some questions:

1: What are the max values for HP, MP, etc. for all the characters and aeons?

2: I'm trying to do the sidequests and such, so what is the latest point in the game where I can do all the sidequests?

3: Is there a way to move your characters around the Sphere Grid faster than levelling up your Sphere Levels (which is slow and monotonous, as-is)?

4: Is there any way to get missed Al Bhed dictionaries besides getting them from the memory card reading sphere things?

2. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

Game Shark will solve most of your FFX problems.

3. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

1. I have no clue.

2. Apparently, you can still play the sidequests after you've entered Sin. I am of course basing this logic on the fact that in the Monster Arena, certain areas don't open up until you enter Sin, and you can't get one of Auron's Crests (or Sigils?) until you capture all the monsters from that area.

3. Lots and lots of teleport and return spheres.

4. According to a some sources I've read, there are two that are "must gets" as you go along in the game. I think the very first one, and the one in Bevelle you must get at the moment.

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I don't want to spend $40-50 for a GameShark and would much rather do it myself, mainly because this game is too good for me to cheat on.

Thanks for the advice. I got the first Al Bhed and the Bevelle one, but am missing about 7. I know where they are supposed to be, but I haven't really looked much (can't get to some of them).

5. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

How do you add abilities to weapons/equipment? I just got past the Sinspawn Gui, and I still can't figure it out. Did I miss something crucial? Or is it still to come?

-Dave

6. Peter_A

Peter_A Second Unit

7. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Yeah, I tried gamefaqs, but it's just a mess for FFX. A zillion different faqs, and most of the seem to deal with just what to combine, not how it is actually done. [​IMG]
    -Dave

8. Kip

Kip Stunt Coordinator

Dave,

You need to use the Customize option in your status menu. This isn't available however until Rikku joins your party and you reach Guadosalam. You'll know it when you have it because the game gives you a brief tutorial on how to use the feature as soon as it's available.

Kip

9. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I also gave up on GameFAQs.com for this game because the info is either for the Japanese game, wrong, or jumbled around crap.

Just beat the game and loved it. Now, I have to get everything done in it.

Anyone know an easy way to get Tonberrys?

10. Steve_J

Steve_J Extra

I know there are Master Tonberrys in the Omega Ruins but as for regular Tonberrys...they might be in the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth, I think.

11. Frank_Lee

Frank_Lee Agent

I'm not sure if a more recent issue has come out yet but Gamepro that features Auron on the cover has a pretty comprehensive guide to the major items in FFX like how to get the best weapons, where to get all the Fayths and has a couple tricks like an efficient way to collect AP.

12. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I know all the secrets and such, but I am having a tough time fighting a tonberry. Walked around in the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth for hours and only fought it once, back when I was still completing the actual story stuff and wasn't yet doing secrets and such, so I didn't get to capture it.

I'm trying to get him to do an AP trick so I can level my guys up quicker.

13. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

That's a good point, I can never find those Tonberry bastards. BTW, does anybody know how to figure out those damn Magic Urns? Can you do sidequests after you've defeated Sin? Where the hell is O'aka or his brother at?

14. AndyVX

AndyVX Supporting Actor

You can do sidequests after you defeat Sin because your last save would be before the actual battle. So just load your last save.

15. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

There are several bosses at the end of the game. The last save points is the last chance you have to do siqequests, so pretty much up to there (and actually, after the boss that directly follows that save point) you can keep doing sidequests. You will pretty much know when you are at that spot.

For the magic urns, you need to hit the right eye (of the 7) to get an item. Hit all 7 eyes in the right order, and you get 7 items total....thats all.

16. Christopher Chung

Christopher Chung Stunt Coordinator

I HAVE A QUESTION....

Can anybody tell me how to do Lulu's Overdrive???

Everytime I do her Overdrive, it just sits there, and counts down, and I have no clue what I'm suppossed to do.

Help anybody?

THanks!

17. Kip

Kip Stunt Coordinator

Christopher,

You need to rotate the right analog stick as fast as you can. The more rotations within the time limit, the more powerful the overdrive.

Kip

18. Christopher Chung

Christopher Chung Stunt Coordinator

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, thank you very much!

19. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Just thought I would update my status for whoever cares...

I have:

All final weapons

All Crests

3 of 7 Sigils

All aeons besides the final aeon(s)

All Overdrives for Tidus and Auron

Attack Reels for Wakka

If anyone has any trouble and thinks I can help, feel free to ask me since I've done at least 60% of what there is to do.

20. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

For Lulu's overdrive, how many revolutions can you guys get? I can only go as high as 8, but usually get 7.

-Dave