What's new

final fantasy x question (overdrives) (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
yeah, i know i'm totally late to the party. :)

anyway, i have a question about putting characters into overdrive mode. it seems that all the guides i read say something like, "before you do this battle, make sure all your characters and aeons are in od."

well, that would obviously be desirable. but is there some way to do this?

thx!

John Chow

Second Unit
Well, the Overdrive bar usually goes up during battle. I forget if it goes up by getting hit, inflicting damage, or both. Figure out which one it is, and then keep on fighting random encounters until each character goes into Overdrive (but obviously don't use up the overdrive attack). Same can be done for Aeons, just call them into battle and use them until they hit Overdrive status and switch to someone else. Once everything is in overdrive, finish off the battle and the next battle you start should still have everyone in overdrive. Let me know if this isn't clear.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hi john -

thx for the reply. i already know that just battling will get the od bar up. but based on all these guides that i'm reading, it just seems that there is some way to "force" the od bar to full?

otherwise, why do the guides say charge your od before going into battle, etc?

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
I think all they're saying is do random battles until your ODs are full, so you can waltz into the boss battle and unleash the pain.

Remember to use the different OD modes, as well.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
What Shayne said. Aeons OD the same as characters, so you can get them to overdrive, too.

And make sure you keep using your ODs, you learn new ones the more you use the old ones. I learned that the hard way.

And don't feel too bad, I just bought a PS2 and the game back in July. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks